Russian modern armour Images

magman2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you like "big" tank and AFV models, you can buy card kits at 1/25 of most of these vehicles from Poland and Russia via the internet and you can make them even bigger by photocopy enlargement - if you want details of how to make robust models, have a look at my threads "Brooker" on this forum to find hints and tips - certainly, card kits cost next to nothing, against plastic kits of quite small size with huge prices.

Check in Google: GPM, Flymodel, Modelik, Maty Modelarz and others.

you just need a hobby knife, MAUN Safety Ruler and PVA glue, unless you build in black & white photocopies, when, after strengthening the structure internally with 1/8 PVA glued on card, you can paint them with water based paints to get the effects you want.

If you have 1/15 or 1/16 R/C tanks, you can use the lower hull with upper hulls scaled up from 1/24 to 1/15 or 1/16 - just make sure they fit before building commences, in case you have to make small adjustments - and make sure the running gear matches the upper hull you are building, unless that is not a problem for you.

Most "experts" probably don't count the running gear wheels to determine if the running gear is consistent with the upper hull you have built, but that is up to you, of course - there are plenty of upper hulls which match the lower hull running gear, which contains motors and R/C etc in the card kits which are available..

Brooker

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Magman, not sure what vehicle that is but it does look mean!

I presume I could realistically get away with doing a Tunguska or Shilka in this scheme?

A few Arctic Brigade vehicles.....

Toros TAV

Toros_tracked_armoured_vehicle_Russia_Ru

Kamaz

CMqwHo6WUAATg2h.jpg

Pantsyr combined anti-air system (SA-22 Greyhound) in Arctic camouflage. :bye:

1631323_-_main.jpg

Ural 4320 and Howitzer

234-image1.jpg

Net Photos

Edited by magman2
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The T-90CM is built by Uralvagonzavod, and is a modernised version of the T-90 MBT. I don't think this will enter service, with the Russian Army.

Trumpeter has just released, a great 1/35 Kit of the T-90SM modernised. A few como patterns have been worn by this tank.................

t-90ms%202_zps0us6njim.jpg

T-90MS%201_zps6iudnxso.jpg

1058_-90_1040_1052_2_zpsntmnmcks.jpg

And the guy in the kit, looking to hang his jacket is Mr Putin

000_DV1036401_zps2ynryulp.jpeg%20MR%20P_zpsfgqzwrb6.jpg

Net Photos

Edited by magman2
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...