Hasegawa FGR.2 1/48

sailorboy61

After much studying of build logs and completed images, I'm doing a Hasegawa FGR.2 and have an issue with the intakes.

I've paid much attention to dry fitting, removed locating pins etc but still they don't sit right. The top edges next to the body is fine, and the bottom edges near the wing is also OK, but on the shoulder they sit out of line with the rest of the fuselarge and it looks like lots of sanding and rescribing are needed.

I've not seen this problem mentioned in builds anywhere, nor does it seem to be obvious in other pictures of completed builds.

Is this something I've somehow missed, or am I just lucky :mental: with my kit?

Thanks

Ive built more than a dozen Hasegawa Phantoms and I'm yet to build one where there is a flush fit where intakes join the fuselage. To be fair, its never far off but usually the use of a combination of rubbing down and plastic card shims inserts, sorts it out - its just a gradual trial and amend process.

I find the most important place to have alignment is the fuselage because that's where the most surface detail is, so providing you can get a good meet at the top and along the fuselage depth the rest should be fixable with minimal effort.

I then tippex down the very narrow gaps that's left and job done.

Good luck

Ive built more than a dozen Hasegawa Phantoms and I'm yet to build one where there is a flush fit where intakes join the fuselage. To be fair, its never far off but usually the use of a combination of rubbing down and plastic card shims inserts, sorts it out - its just a gradual trial and amend process.

I find the most important place to have alignment is the fuselage because that's where the most surface detail is, so providing you can get a good meet at the top and along the fuselage depth the rest should be fixable with minimal effort.

I then tippex down the very narrow gaps that's left and job done.

Good luck

I have the same issue with the one I've got on a stalled build,again none of the ones I've made before have fitted flush...