Revell Scalpel

Julien

SCALPEL

Revell

k1.JPG

When asked to do this review of basically a modelling knife, my initial thoughts were great! what am I going to say about "another" modelling knife. These were dispelled when I opened the package from BM HQ. Revell call this a "scalpel" but in fact its more a standard modelling knife than a scalpel. I like many modellers have both.

The knife is of the conventional type where the blade is trapped in a ferrule at the top which is tightened up by screwing the knife closed. The blades are the standard xacto type blades. Five additional blades are provided with the knife.

When picking the knife up you can feel it is coated in a rubber type coating which gives a good feel and grip to the knife. It tapers in to where you grip it between your fingers and is very ergonomic. As well as the rubber area at the grip point there are raised plastic areas if you would prefer to grip those.

Toward the back of the knife there is a raised area which will prevent the knife from rolling of the modeller's workbench, and causing an injury as it drops to the floor. I suspect many modellers have lost a knife in this way.

Lastly the knife comes with a clear plastic cap. This is useful as you don't have to worry about finding a cork or such like to stop injury and to keep the blade sharp. I suspect this might also be helpful if anyone is working with younger modellers.

k2.JPG

Conclusion
If you are looking to buy a new knife then I would recommend looking at this new one from Revell, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Revell model kits are available from all good toy and model retailers. For further information visit

logo-revell-2009.gif t_logo-a.png or facebook.gif

Toward the back of the knife there is a raised area which will prevent the knife from rolling of the modeller's workbench, and causing an injury as it drops to the floor. I suspect many modellers have lost a knife in this way.

Don't know about that but I very nearly lost a leg that way!

:)

• Like 1