Fujimi 1:24 Honda Civic EP3 1:1

Hi guys,

Ive come from collection die cast models (mainly of tv/film cars) and always wanted a replica of MY actual car so when I purchased this I knew what I wanted to happen.

IMG_1574.jpg

I then searched the usual places trying to find one and then came across the Fujimi kit on ebay and immediately bought it.

It finally arrived after about a week

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

0fe2a6be-07e0-4f25-931a-523c9d779422.jpg

I thought I would crack on and get the body painted firstly which worked out ok and looked good as far as I was concerned (I didn't primer it firstly but felt it looked ok)

Then I decided to get the window rubbers painted and used a permanent marker to achieve the look

IMG_2038.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

So as you can see I messed it up big style so thought I had ruined the kit so ordered another one of the same thing and joined every forum I could find to get some tips to make it better and look good

Its finally my day off today so thought I would be able to get some painting and stuff done but after I looked out of the window and seen this

IMG_2026.jpg

It was clearly not meant to be :(

SO I'm now gonna take my time, get some tips and I've even ordered some random kits off ebay (well currently bidding on them anyways) so use as dummy kits to get my skills right as straight after this one I have this to complete which after reading a few threads on here is not easy so I've set my target VERY high to start with

IMG_1579.jpg

Nice and easy fix just mask around the frames first and use some paint to brush it on and away you go

Yeah thats what I need to do I think but that after last time will be my last thing to do. If I can sort the first one I now have two to use :)

Hi,

Very nice finish on the bodyshell! I addition to the above, I'd reccomend that you carefully go over the black permanent pen (in small sections) with a whiteboard marker (non permanent). This will dissolve the permanent marker and you can wipe it off!!! Test it first of course...

All the best with the build.

Hi,

Very nice finish on the bodyshell! I addition to the above, I'd reccomend that you carefully go over the black permanent pen (in small sections) with a whiteboard marker (non permanent). This will dissolve the permanent marker and you can wipe it off!!! Test it first of course...

All the best with the build.

Thanks

I was quite impressed with the finish tbh given I hadn't primered it or it hasn't had a gloss clear finish

I have assembled all the paints and stuff I need in terms of build number 2 I HOPE....

IMG_2059.jpg

On this model I have noticed a lot more mould lines - what sandpaper would be best to remove this ready for primer?

Ignoring the obvious mess on the below photo but I was testing the clear red on build number one and noticed it clearly looks painted, anyway of solving this?

IMG_2056.jpg

IMG_2058.jpg

Take it off the lens with methylated spirits be careful on the body better use polish there. Try painting on the inside of the transparencies using an airbrush if you don't have one nice thin coats until you build up the colour density. You could of course leave them clear and represent a red and yellow globe/buld.

With the black surround of the window/door frame use thinned semi-gloss black and carefully run it into the shut line and then paint the rest. Care here will give best results.

Fujimi have for a number of years produced very nice street cars, sometimes you get lucky and get both right and left hand drive dashboards.

Colin

Edited by heloman1

My advice is watch out with tamiya gloss over humbrol as tamiya is acrylic and humbrol is enamel normally they don't mix very well and on the lights as above paint from the inside and use pva glue to attach the lights to the car as normal glue will fog the lenses

I painted on the inside not the outside just didn't look good. I know about the paint on the body that wasn't what I worried about as this is the first kit which will be used for testing

OK, Well, go to Halfords, get Primer, the correct colour for the paint code on your car (they will mix an aerosol to match) and some clear laquer.

Always prime! rub the primer down with some fine wet and dry sand paper (again Halfords!)

Take your time! I would get some quality masking tape (thin plasticy stuff is good) or Tamiya tape. I would prime, paint silver, and final clear coat. Let it all dry for about a week somewhere dry and warm. then mask all the black areas and I would personaly brush paint some matt black, or even go Tamiay NATO black, its not black but very dark grey!

As for clear, I paint the light chrome silver (on the body shell) then I paint the inside of the clear plastic lens with the clear paint. Go for a lot of thin coats! Untill the colour id deep enough.