Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

PhotoBucket are no longer permitting 3rd party hosting   01/07/17

As most of you are now painfully aware, Photobucket (PB) are stopping/have stopped allowing their members to link their accumulated years of photos into forums and the like, which they call 3rd party linking.  You can give them a non-refundable $399 a year to allow links, but I doubt that many will be rushing to take them up on that offer.  If you've previously paid them for the Pro account, it looks like you've got until your renewal to find another place to host your files, but you too will be subject to this ban unless you fork over a lot of cash.   PB seem to be making a concerted move to another type of customer, having been the butt of much displeasure over the years of a constantly worsening user interface, sloth and advertising pop-ups, with the result that they clearly don't give a hoot about the free members anymore.  If you don't have web space included in your internet package, you need to start looking for another photo host, but choose carefully, as some may follow suit and ditch their "free" members at some point.  The lesson there is keep local backups on your hard drive of everything you upload, so you can walk away if the same thing happens.   There's a thread on the subject here, so please use that to curse them, look for solutions or generall grouse about their mental capacity.   Not a nice situation for the forum users that hosted all their photos there, and there will now be a host of useless threads that relied heavily on photos from PB, but as there's not much we can do other than petition for a more equitable solution, I suggest we make the best of what we have and move on.  One thing is for certain.  It won't win them any friends, but they may not care at this point.    Mike.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

SORRY!
Validating Queue Delays

67 posts in this topic

I've just unleashed a bunch of new members on the forums - make sure you all say hello! :)

Nice touch to mention that Mike - I hope some are newbies like me - I feel stupid asking ALL the beginners questions :)  

I wouldn't if I were you.  Without blowing smoke up anyone's bottom, we've got the most accommodating, helpful bunch of modellers you could hope to find on t'internet :)

Just finished validating a load of new members that had backed up due to the bank holiday weekend.  Enjoy the forums new peoples! ^_^

I've just cleared down a pretty big backlog of new members from all over the world, some of which had been hanging about for a few days.  Sorry guys, but I've been busy with stuff'n'things in the background, so I got to you as quickly as I could ;)

Enjoy the forums! ^_^

Due to the recommencement of hostilities from the morons responsible for the Denial of Service attack on the site, I've been a bit remiss with letting in the new members and there's quite a backlog, so apologies to all and I'll get on it in a minute.  I'm not feeling too good today, so if I get distracted you'll have to bear with me, but we'll get there eventually :)

Sorry to hear that you're a bit under t'weather Mike.

A thought struck me after reading your last post. Would it be possible to have somewhere on the home page, a running total of membership numbers. It would act as a mental two fingers to these cretins every time the figure increased.

Just  thought.

John.

:lol: If you check the bottom of the View New Content page, you'll see the numbers all there. I think it's standard with the forum software, but you can hide it if you don't want people to see.

As it happens, Greg beat me to doing the validating queue, so everyone should be able to post now. Thanks Greg! :)

1 person likes this

How any of you managed to get registered over the weekend I have no idea, but well done anyway :clap2: I've only just been able to clear down the queue now, so you should all be able to post.  bear in mind that we're currently having some hiccups with service, so if we drop out again, it's not your fault.  You didn't break it :)

The members appear to be arriving thick & fast at the moment for some reason, so validating is taking longer than normal, for which apologies.  I've just cleared down another page, so if you can't post, or your account has disappeared, just drop us a line from the Contact Us form :)

There's a squintillion or so (roughly - might be less) new members waiting to be validated, so apologies if you've been waiting.  I think we'll have to revert back to the old Theme if the flood of new members keeps up! :lol:

Phew!  That took a lot of time clearing down.  There were 40+ new members, and for a while it seemed like every time I cleared one down, another one would register! :lol: We've got a zero cue now, and to illustrate we've had over a hundred new members join since we hit the 20k the other day.  :blink: Welcome aboard everyone! :clap2:

I've just finished clearing almost 2 pages of new members, so everyone that's been waiting should now be able to post.  Enjoy the forums :)

How about a validation charge for new members - Say $399....That will slow them down a bit:D

7 hours ago, John R said:

How about a validation charge for new members - Say $399....That will slow them down a bit:D

Capital idea!  We'll blame you if anyone asks! :wicked:

Which reminds me... there's another page waiting already! :frantic:

I was away from my desk trying to remember where I lived over the weekend, and came back to 2 and half pages of new members waiting to get in! :shocked: I think there's 25 per page now, so does that mean we had 60ish new members over the weekend? :blink:  Can't be.  I must be missing summit :hmmm: Blimey! :o

Anyway - sorry about the delay new members!  Don't forget to introduce yourselves in the New Members section in this area.  We like to know who we're talking to, and if you're feeling really brave you could also add a mugshot to the "put a name to your face" thread in there.  Some truly terrifying visages (including my own) have graced that thread over the years, but if you're especially ugly, do remember to post an NSFW warning :wicked: