Soviet KV-1 small turret - It snowed 'again' last night Tovarich! - *Updated 1504/2014*

Hi Gang - I'm enjoying this thread and learning a lot along the way.

I have updated the start post with the 3rd incarnation of the Winter KV-1 and have hopefully applied some of the advice given here.

This stuff is endless, I think I've only used what seems like a teaspoon of the powder!!!

For me the best thing about this is it got me into dioramas. Something I had never done before and this was my first serious attempt at a Dio and first serious use of the Precision Ice and Snow when I was asked to review it.

I would love to make a kit landy at some point. I dunno if there are any kits other than the 2 airfix ones.

Cheers Rob ;)

Rob, Yes, there are the Airfix one's in 48th, and a 35th Safari by Italeri and a military 109 also by Tamiya

There are also all the 35th options from HobbyBoss (about 4 types) of the later versions - Iraq/Afghan

• Like 1

Hi Gang - I'm enjoying this thread and learning a lot along the way.

I have updated the start post with the 3rd incarnation of the Winter KV-1 and have hopefully applied some of the advice given here.

This stuff is endless, I think I've only used what seems like a teaspoon of the powder!!!

Rob, Yes, there are the Airfix one's in 48th, and a 35th Safari by Italeri and a military 109 also by Tamiya

There are also all the 35th options from HobbyBoss (about 4 types) of the later versions - Iraq/Afghan

Me too. There is always something new in modelling and yet things never change. I love that. It does seem to last a long time don't it. It will only cover at particle thickness each time so if your careful to save the excess it goes a very long way. That sieve stops any debris contamination too.

I will have to have a crack at a landy. I saw a chap on here ages ago scratch build one in a larger scale that was amazing.

I think a 48th one would be a good choice for me. Parked up next to a favourite aircraft of some sort. Harrier springs to mind for some reason. Should be "leaps to mind". Good old "Leaping heap"

Rob ;)

• 6 months later...

Hello all and particulary, Shermian.

If you use our products carefully you can chieve the most realistic ice and now effects in the world. They have been developed for precision scale modelling and are used by some of the finest modellers in the world.

Shermian, if in future you need any tips, or help regarding the use of our products, please feel free to contact us either by E-mail, or by telephone.

Precision Ice and Snow Krycell powder can produce, or mimic any type of ice and snow effect between scales 1/178th and 1/16th and is NOT restricted to certain types of frost-snow effects. We also now produce different grades and Pre-cast, layered and tinted scale sheets too.

Our new website and face book pages reflect this and also feel free to browse our photobucket album............... Paste this in top browser search bar.

Also, take a look at this video, it is relevant to what you have achieved and yes Wizball, there is melted snow too.

We now offer exclusive discounts to Britmodeller subscribers. :D

DSCF6359_zps39d7c211.jpg

Thefirstverticalsnowfall_zps1761adda.jpe

DSCF6396_zps4a920158.jpg

DSCF6366_zps4bce1338.jpg