1/32 Tamiya F4U-1 Corsair

Just an amazing kit and I've built almost every Tamiya aircraft. The fit was perfect in every aspect with many parts clicking into place. The whole thing was painted, decalled and washes applied in sub assemblies before bring together in the end. WIP thread is here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234955962-1-32-f4u-1-april-1-finished/

Commments/critiques welcome.

1-32F4U-1047_zps52f8056c.jpg

1-32F4U-1059_zps781c622a.jpg

1-32F4U-1052_zps24027c8e.jpg

Edited by Bill Bunting
  • Like 13

Beautiful Corsair- it mayf be a great kit , but it takes the careful, thoughtful, practiced hand of the modeler to build it into this super model. !!

Fabulous. Really enjoyed the build thread. Do I misunderstand or do you actually sand the decals themselves once they're settled?

THanks, Yes I do sand the decals. I use either a very worn very fine sanding stick, like the white part of a tri-stick or the fine micromesh polishing pads. Very carefully smoothing out the decal especially around the edges. If you goof you will need to touch up with paint and maybe sand again. They're sanded again after a coat of Future along with the rest of the model.

Thanks again!