Cleaning/Washing techniques

The Cameraman

Good Afternoon Guys n Gals,

well as various kit's, part kits, after market stuff etc has started to arrive at my home, I thought I'd ask for your recommendations as to what cleaning/washing techniques you use for plastic kit builds, in my case 1/24 scale Mini's.

So what do you use? I'd be guessing luke warm water, with some mild type of soap or detergent.

Anyway rather than making a pigs ear, I thought I'd see what others do.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards

Reggie

I normally dip all parts in a washing up bowl of slightly soapy water swill it round a bit take it out and put to the side while I empty thebbowl and refill with clean water (no soap) and dip the parts again then leave to dry in a warm place then between stages it things get mucky/finger prints on then I wipe them off with a micro fibre cloth with some widow cleaner on, it has degreaserdegreaser In

Hope this helps as it's never failed me

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I tend to use a sink of warm water and some fine wet and dry sand paper and rub the parts down to take the shine of the parts and dry wih some kitchen towel, Works a treat for me...

Rather than use warm water, I use Maplins Aerosol Foam Cleaner (about 4 quid a can). This has the bid advantage that it's leaves the surface chemical-free and you can start painting ten minutes after using it.

Cheers.

Chris.

• Like 1