Airfix 1/72 Captain Scarlet Angel Interceptor in Flight

I can remember making this kit in the 70's with my brother and as he is soon to be the 50 so I made this for him to bring back some memories.

As then its not the best fit, a fair bit of filler was required and all the panel lines were re-scribed. The cockpit was scratch built except for the seat and the canopy was't in the best I have seen but hey thats what its all about, it would be boring if everything fitted wouldn't it?

Any way here it is, Spectrum is Green.

Cheers
Ian

13489179673_4c668ffb0f_b.jpg
13489441764_b82c2ee4ec_b.jpg
13489463364_5e7f363928_b.jpg
13489472274_34d6073f18_b.jpg
13489482064_0fc892e938_b.jpg
13489497314_2d5fae1bee_b.jpg
13489134315_376ff00640_b.jpg
13489142975_040c9e3781_b.jpg
13489153545_d45c2f75ce_b.jpg
13489157325_204dc702d9_b.jpg
13489274433_ebda8c6782_b.jpg
13489280983_d4174475d8_b.jpg
13489556884_bc3bc966f4_b.jpg

• Like 10

A lovely build.

As an idea, find a few nice 'sky' pictures on Google images and enlarge one to full screen.

Position your 'plane in front in such a way that one of the dropped wings obscures the support pole and take a few piccies.

If you're any good with Photoshop or similar, the support pole won't matter and you can 'paint' it out.

Again, if you use photoshop, try some of the lighting effects.

I did some pics of my TB2 in this way last year.

Great fun.

Roy.

small5.jpg

small3.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys for all the kind comments, most appreciated. Its nice to know its jogs a few memories, I told my brother that Captain Scarlet would live forever, he indestructible! Now where have I heard that before? Spectrum is Green (SIG).

Cheers

Ian

Nicely done.

In the actual show, they filmed the models in flight by suspending them in front of a rolling background painted with sky and clouds. It worked fine until the planes began to dive, because they just tilted the camera so the plane looked as if it was at a 45-degree angle. Trouble was, all the clouds were as well!

• Like 1

I remeber making one of those kits when I was a kid :)

Nicely done looks very good.

~goes off to Amazon to look for the orginal series~

• Like 1

Nicely done.

In the actual show, they filmed the models in flight by suspending them in front of a rolling background painted with sky and clouds. It worked fine until the planes began to dive, because they just tilted the camera so the plane looked as if it was at a 45-degree angle. Trouble was, all the clouds were as well!

I never noticed that and you are spot on, I just had a look on youtube. Did they ever shoot that bloody cat it the opening titles? :D:D Thanks Gordon.

I remeber making one of those kits when I was a kid :)

Nicely done looks very good.

~goes off to Amazon to look for the orginal series~

Thanks Knikki. I think the series is on youtube, or a few episodes away.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian,

Best completed Interceptor I've seen! Must have bee a lot of work with all the panel lines and shading.

I have just completed the same kit and noticed you've been caught by the same 'gotcha' that I have. After getting to too late a stage I found out on the web (maybe even on this site) that when Airfix retooled this kit as a snap tite they added spurious canards above the real ones (i.e. the small ones on top). They don't exist on the ones in the TV show. I decided not to bother for this build as we are talking sci fi anyway :bye:

I must admit 'research' for the kit was fun - re watching a number of episodes from my DVD box set.

I'll get around to posting mine hear once I get the camera set up but it won't light a candle to yours.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1