RNLI Tynemouth Lifeboat

This is my version of my local sever class lifeboat stationed at Tynemouth up here in the North East of England on the river Tyne near Newcastle.

This is the Airfix 1/ 72 kit built OOB and put into a seascape which the base is made from polystyrene foam from box packaging cut to rough shape then covered with B&Q cheap clear silicon sealer and the wake is made from pulled out green scourer pad the kind the wife uses for the dishes ( and me when she tells me to :weep: ) and a simple bit of thin pine wood stained for the base sides.

Picture_00429.jpg

Picture_00321.jpg

Picture_00527.jpg

Picture_00622.jpg

Any comments welcome hope you like??

Keith

• Like 11

This kit has come in for a lot of criticism in the past, but it looks as though you've made an excellent job of it. With a bit of work it rewards you with a very good model and you've made an impressive job of the seascape. It gives a great sense of the power of these boats and I like it a lot.

Cheers,

Paul

Thanks for the kind words guys the kit itself did give me some jip and nearly went the distance on more than one occasion it does have some fit issues around the main cabin to the deck area around the starboard side the thing I noticed when building it was that the inner bulkhead walls seamed to be to high on that side so after some strong coffee and a few choice words I did some surgery on the bulkheads and with some plastic card and filler managed to get this problem sorted.

The build was a bit of a labour of love as I really wanted to do this as it being my local boat and a work mate having served on her as for the seascape the techniques I have used are a bit of a mix of others I have read about or been told from fellow modellers

Cheers Keith

Nice, and nicely mounted - a calm sea just wouldn't be right somehow, bearing in mind when they usually get called out. When I was living there I often saw the Guernsey boat go out.

Very nice! I've been thinking of getting one of these for a while now. The seascape looks really good!

• 2 weeks later...

great job matey' great job indeed.

regards oz!.

• 1 month later...