5efjlu.jpg
8w9v6g.jpg
2z6s4l0.jpg
900j85.jpg
wu5t3r.jpg
s1nmzs.jpg
ftefqx.jpg
xq9gdz.jpg
I do feel a bit ripped off by AMT the box says Christine and we all know the film was made using a Belvedere
but since it says on the box Christine i was not expecting to have to remove the Belvedere badges off the car. so this kit is really a reboxed 1\25 Belvedere kit (which i bet if i looked would be cheaper than the kit ibought), anyway with that rant out the way what do you think so far.
once I have built it out of the box i am going to make a dio of her from the film where she kills moochie, but i want to do it as if it is being filmed so i have to either scratch build a bulldozer or see if i can find a reasonably priced 1\25 kit to push her into the loading bay as they did on the film.

Sorry to be dense but what is being shown in the last two pictures - the ones that resemble silver duct tape stuck on a brown leather jacket?

Its the masked up shell having its silver trim painted on :)

kpnuts, did the instructions say to paint the interior brown? Christine has a red on red interior (ie dark red cloth on lighter red vinyl). Instructions may have the engine wrong too, it should be gold.

Watching this so I know what to expect when I do mine, nice choice :thumbsup:

Cheers

Chris

kpnuts, did the instructions say to paint the interior brown? Christine has a red on red interior (ie dark red cloth on lighter red vinyl). Instructions may have the engine wrong too, it should be gold.

Cheers

Chris

Cheers

Chris

Cheers

Chris

It's painted as per instructions although they actually say the whole seats are tan I put the red pieces in as to be honest I thought I remembered them as being red but like I said the kit is a rip off as it is just a reboxed Belvedere.

well this is the kit built now to start on the dio any ideas how i am going to crumple the wings up.

wl38ls.jpg

2hf4dus.jpg

2w4ebmr.jpg

2u5es95.jpg

1z72dzl.jpg

I did think about cutting them off and trying to scratch build some bent up ones but not sure my skills are up to that, then i thought about taking a blow torch to her and bending her that way but there is a lot of plastic on the front there and i think that would be to risky to recover from should it all go wrong.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I have never deliberately destroyed a model before so before I start on this one I want to be sure I've got it right, so I've drawn up a plan to make sure for one thing the base is big enough but also it gives me something to work from. So here is the plan

2qtfviq.jpg

the bull Dozer I dont know weather I have put it far enough back I have put a Girder on the front of it as i think they must have done something like this to keep it out of the frame in close up shots from the back, can you guys think of something I have missed, I wont be doing anything to Christine till nearer the time she will go on the dio so she will be ok for quite a while.

This should look ace, loving the idea :thumbsup2:

Been ages since I watched the film but didn't the front wings get peeled off backwards as Christine went into the gap. I never got why Moochie didn't just jump on the bonnet, run over the roof and escape :mental:

No that one of those film blunders that happen from time to time I mean they only had to give him a twisted ankle or something as a reason but hey it was a good film for all that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all I have made a start on the dio and it is going to be a long slog. I am making the walls of the loading bay out of foam board and I tried printing the bricks off but it is almost impossible to get the scale right and anyway it just doesn't look right as there the mortar line is smooth, so I thought I would use foam board and draw the scale bricks on it as, if you press reasonably hard you can leave an impression which will hopefully look more like a mortar line. Well that's a job I wish I hadn't started(still hopefully it will be worth the effort) .

Incidentally we know the film is full of mistakes, like the bit I am doing where he could have quite easily got away by jumping on Christines bonnet and running over the top of her, well I have thought of another flaw it's supposed to be a loading bay, usually an arctic can fit in a loading bay, but if Christine can't fit in there that means even a van can't, that makes it a pretty useless loading bay.
Here are some pics of the 1\24 scale wall with the mortar colour painted I know it looks orangy but trust me its not, dont know what happens with my camera sometimes.
ehixx1.jpg
2iiekj6.jpg
was hoping that the last pic would show the bricks effect but it shows a lot better on the next one.
6qb8dk.jpg
I think the effect will be better when i paint the bricks, this has taken me 2 days so far and i recon I will need at least 1 more to finish all the brickwork.

Hi guys need some help I have been trawling the Internet trying to find pics of the type of cameras used in the filming of movies, in particular the type they have on wheels that extend on rams for filming shots looking down on the subject but can find nothing. I have typed in boom cameras and variations on that as I thought that's what they were called but can find nothing of any use. I need some pics so I can scratch build one for my Christine dio (preferably of an 80s type, can anyone in the know tell me what they are actually called so I can Google them, any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Ken.

Hi guys have started on the base it is going to be quite large when finished 510 x 700

i also managed to get some pics of a camera from 1980s of the type used in the film (thanks Matt) so, because its a photo I had to scale it up to full size then scale it back down to 1\25, I used the hand grip as a starting point in order to scale it up then reduced the measurements by 1\25 when i actually build it i will round the fractions up (I mean were only talking fractions of a millimeter.

when it comes to the dolly that is going to be a whole new ball game to scale up then down.

hvsao5.jpg

2wdx5yq.jpg

Oh well back to the drawing board apparently thats an 80s video camera it should be a panaflex 35mm camera with the 2 reels on the top and the square lens glare attatchment been shown a pic of John Carpenter on the set of Christine with the camera in the background, its a huge camera almost as big as Carpenter himself. that's where I have been searching with the wrong phrases, I've been searching Stephen kings Christine, I should have been searching John Carpenters Christine.

• 3 weeks later...
thanks all for the encouragement done a bit more on the stageing

2zhkrkn.jpg

this is what i am using for the TarMac

20zw7e8.jpg

I have used the pva glue round the patches and the joins I am hoping it will look like the liquid tar they use to fill the joins on a TarMac road when painted black also i will be injecting pva under the sandpaper in a few places to make it uneven and i am going to try and create the wrinkle you get when the Tar cracks in the heat.

I did think about printing a Hershes bar ( Ithink thats what they are called) wrapper reducing it to 1\24 screwing it up with a bit of foil and chucking it in the loading bay against the end wall for some wind blown rubbish, will have to do some research on what type of junk food was avaliable then so I can add some to the dio.