Predator 108

Decided to have a got at my first ship, the Revell Predator 108. It's been sat in my stash for a couple of years and I felt now was the time to give it a go. As work and personal life are pretty busy at the moment this is probably going to be a long build! Anyway, the hull is glued together and first coal applied, black gloss. Plan to airbrush a second coat tomorrow, time allowing. Propellers also have 2 coats of brass. Pics below. All comments welcomed.

photo1_zps87747842.jpg

photo2_zps77652a66.jpg

photo3_zpsdda7aa12.jpg

photo4_zps71cc2206.jpg

photo5_zps29897705.jpg

photo6_zps166f7eba.jpg

• Like 1

Hull finished and first coat of gloss has gone on tonight. Propellers and anchors painted and ready to go on. I'll give it a couple of days and apply another coat of gloss. Once that's done, I can get the propellers and anchors attached and then can start working on the deck. Couple of pics below for anyone interested.

photo7_zps66c0ab52.jpg

photo8_zps44241000.jpg

photo9_zps51b1d3c2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guard rails done and attached, just a bit of touching up to do which I will hopefully get done over the weekend. Next step is to get the deck painted and fitted. Have taken a couple of pics but can't post them as PB not letting me log on. Will post them later.

• 4 weeks later...

Have spent the last week or so when time allowed getting the decking and furniture painted. It's all done with the exception of a bit of touching up and some black gloss that needs to be added. Hopefully I will get that done this weekend and then I can get the deck glued to the hull. Fingers crossed, I'll get the time to do it.

Uploaded some pics for you guys to take a look at. All comments welcomed.

photo14_zpsa0eddbfa.jpg

photo15_zps1571efee.jpg

photo16_zps199ac9aa.jpg

photo17_zps72c9d7ab.jpg

photo18_zps8f2a58dc.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So progress has been a bit slow due to lack of time and not being 'in the mood'. The deck is attached and has just started painting the final seating area which goes on the stern. Hope to get a bit more done soon but will have to see how things work out. Latest pics below.

photo21_zpse6def130.jpg

photo20_zps72b80892.jpg

photo19_zps22f1648d.jpg

• Like 1

That timber interior looks lush in a suitably '70s way. All you need is James Bond climbing over the rail with a harpoon gun in one hand and a bunch of flowers in the other :)

Will

As strange as it may seem Will, the thought I had was of a Bond villian's boat when I decided I wasn't going to paint the hull as per instructions. Hope to have the final seating area painted over the weekend which will give you a clue as to what colour the rest is going to be. Don't hold your breath though, things are a bit busy at the minute so I'll do it when I have the time and the inclination.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last part of deck seating painted and attached. Not sure how much I'll get done over the next couple of weeks as I have a few other commitments and losing the urge a bit because of it. Couple of pics posted below.

photo23_zps6e675d01.jpg

photo22_zpsb0fed14a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi cosmosman. Only tip I can give so far is to take your time. Found the 2 deck pieces to be a tight fit and took a few attempts to get it right before I was satisfied. Also the seating area at the stern comprises of 3 pieces with a gate piece at each side which you can put in the open or closed position. Again, took some time to get all the bits fitting together correctly. Apart from that, the fit is good with no real issues (other than my own ability or lack of it) so far. Hope to get a bit more done this weekend if time allows. Need to put another coat or two on the navigation console and a few decals on the console itself. If I can get that done this weekend, I'll try and upload a couple of pictures. Not been in the mood recently but hopefully will get back to it this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

So progress has been about as quick as I expected. Have managed to get the control console done with the exception of the wheel. Not too happy with the brown of the console but as it's going to be under glass and a roof, I can live with it. Decals were a bit fiddly to attach but managed to get them on ok. Couple of pics attached.

photo24_zps2d8e4a25.jpg

photo25_zps28f71828.jpg

photo26_zps894c22b2.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the comment Foxy. Just working on the rest of the seating at the moment. Quite a few small fiddly pieces and a couple of colours to each piece so not seeing too much progress. Will see if I can get a bit more done this weekend.

• 1 month later...

All the deck seating has been painted and glued. Reasonably happy with it although the large table has not come out as well as I would have liked. Can live with it as it will be inside the cabin so won't be much to see. Just done the first coat on the internal walls of the cabin. Plan to get some more done this weekend. Hopefully adding this post today will get me more in the mood for working on the build. Couple of pics below. Quality not good as taken with iphone. Hope you enjoy.

photo27_zpsd763213e.jpg

photo28_zps206c7e54.jpg

photo29_zps6d15872c.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Latest update, interior walls painted and glued in place. Not the best paint job ever but as they will be under cover and behind windows I'm happy enough with the result. Next step is to paint the exterior walls and the rest of the deck area, sunbeds etc which I will hope to start this weekend. Couple of pics posted below along with a couple of test fits of the exterior walls of the cabin and other deck areas to see how the final model will look. Hope you like.

photo30_zps6b217e1e.jpg

photo31_zps39f4a7d6.jpg

photo33_zpsedacaff3.jpg

photo34_zpsf500852f.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Managed to get a bit more work done. Cabin doors are in place and sun beds have been painted and glued in place. Have gone for Tamiya Gun Metal as thought it would make a good contrast to the black hull. Next step is to put the windows in place on the side walls and get them glued in place. Starting to come together, with a bit of luck a might get this done by Xmas (given the lack of free time I have to work on this project at the moment, there is no guarantee).

Pics posted below

photo37_zpsd3ce911a.jpg

photo38_zps26a6f7fc.jpg

photo39_zps710a78a5.jpg

photo40_zps49fdb3c1.jpg

photo41_zpsebe0c75b.jpg

• Like 1