Testors Silver Metallic 1921575 equivalent

hendie

I purchased a set of testors acrylic paints a while back. I have used one of the paints - Metallic Silver with code number of 1921575 on my klatest build.

I am just about to run out, and can't seem to find this paint as an individual pot. I can only find it in the set, which of course, is about $14, and I haven't touched most of the other colors in the set, so I am going to end up with duplicate colors that will never get used.

Does anyone know if Testors offer this particular silver in any other format?

I only have seen silver offered individually as an acrylic, not metallic silver. It is readily available as an enamel. Don't know if silver would be the same as metallic silver. Testor's enamels can be found in Hobby Lobby even. The acrylics, I'm not sure other than mail order. Sorry, best I've got. I mainly go with enamels, brush painting you know is hard to break.

I think I may have found one today in Walmart - I bought it just in case. It's a different code number but the description is silver metallic

I also put in a call to Testors and am waiting to hear what they have to say

Unfortunately not - that was the color I just purchased.

Thank you for contacting Rust-Oleum Product Support. The Testor Acrylic paints are only sold in sets. Unfortunately the only Acrylic Silver we have in single bottles is in our Model Master line #4678, you can view it on our website here http://www.testors.com/product/0/4678/_/Silver_Acryl_(G)__-_12_oz._Bottle it is not an exact match to the Testor Acrylic Silver but it is close. The only way you will get an exact is with the set.

Again, the MM Silver will be very close. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

If you have any additional questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.

what a bunch of asses. Who would sell a paint mix as part of a set, and not offer it as part of the standard offering??

Now I am left with the option of repainting (and re-masking) the entire thing, or having two slightly different shades of silver. There's no way I am forking out $14 just to get a teaspoonful of paint.