Trumpeter 1/35 BR-52 Steifrahmentender

I've seen a couple of models with the Flak guns on the Tender, not sure I'd want to be on it with the hot ash and soot from the loco landing on the gun crew. Your Loco looks great, I could just imagine it steaming past a level crossing. :winkgrin::thumbsup:

hehehehe - yeah - I had thought the same thing abou tthe soot and ash as well, but I would have thought that as the train would generally be moving when the flak guns were being operated the soot and ash would mostly be higher than the level of the tender. Mind you - I've seen a few pictures where the tender was filthier than the engine which would fall in line with what you said

well, it's pretty much done now. Just need to finish off painting the smoke deflectors and then the engine is being classed as done. I'll do a full RFI picture set once the Flak gun is finished and placed on the tender

I ended up making my own bulbs that go under the walk way as the kit ones just didn't look right. So I held the end of a bit of clear parts frame to a lighter and gently mushroomed the ends. They came out crystal clear and infinitely better than the ones on before. Painted in clear orange, they look just right - well, to me they do.

I also put the decals on. My first ever experience with Archer Dry Decals isn't a good one - despite following their instructions to a tee. In a weir way - the Swaz Sticker was the only part from both transfers to actually come off the backing paper! The eagle was a complete waste of time. So I used both the kit and the Archer decals. I have also tried to give the impression that the rego plates are sitting at a bit of height like the real ones. I probably should have jst placed the decals on a strip of styrene to do that - but it wasn't until after I'd placed them did I realise they were actually a raised panel. Anyway, it looks OK to me.

And lastly - one thing I truly love is the taped up pipe up near the drivers cab. I don't know why - but it's one of my favorite parts. Go figure...

Anyway, last set of pics before I do an RFI with everything on.

IMG_7690_zpsc2afa00e.jpg

IMG_7691_zps6ba033f8.jpg

IMG_7693_zps8efc817d.jpg

IMG_7695_zps9e38fd63.jpg

IMG_7696_zps9334fd1f.jpg

IMG_7697_zpsbc53b12e.jpg''

IMG_7699_zps1deb9637.jpg

IMG_7701_zpsa956990d.jpg''

IMG_7704_zps0c512a67.jpg

As always - thanks for stopping by and having a look

Si

• Like 2

Looks great, all those little touches of colour really bring it to life. And you're right, the lagged pipe is really eyecatching.

I feel like an bottom for pointing it out but I think your eagle decals and the stencils under them might be slightly skew?

Will

Looks great, all those little touches of colour really bring it to life. And you're right, the lagged pipe is really eyecatching.

I feel like an bottom for pointing it out but I think your eagle decals and the stencils under them might be slightly skew?

Will

thanks mate

Now that I look closer at the pictures, I can see what you mean but fortunately, it's not too obvious (well, at least to me it's not although now that I know about it, it's going to drive me nuts). Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it without ruining the decals.

Oh no, I didn't want to drive you nuts :( It might be one of those things that's made more or less obvious by the angle of the picture. I agree that it's probably not solvable without an extra set of decals.

Sorry, I feel bad for pointing it out now.

Will

do it Tommy - you know you want to! Just set aside a lot of time to fill inejector pin marks etc :)

I put the finishing touches on it last night - like the smoke deflectors, side windows and the whistle details

One last pass with the airbrush is all that's needed oin the weathering front

I started the Flak gun last night - man - very very fiddly. Still, it should be an interesting companion for the tender :)

RFI pics once the flak gun is installed

Thanks again

MH