1/35 Wittmann Winter Tiger

billybookcase

This is the Wittmann Tiger in winter whitewash colours, with Miniart crew and a snowy setting.

"Snow" is instant filler covered with pva and baking powder.

Fence is coffee stirrers and skewers, "tree" is the root from some plant out of the garden.

DSC_6743.jpg

DSC_6749.jpg

DSC_6748.jpg

DSC_6745.jpg

DSC_6744.jpg

DSC_6728.jpg

DSC_6732.jpg

BB

• Like 5

love it!!!.

regards oz!.

Fantastic little vignette,Is the tanker not on the Tiger checking out a body under the snow?

Yup, I didn't know what to do with him, so I buried a body in the snow to give him something to look at :)

BB

Great diorama there the snow looks very convincing .

I have a Tiger I want to do as Wittmanns he used in the Battle Of Bocarge, a project and kit i have been thinking about for 20 or so years :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Billybookcase! Very nice Dio!

So impressed, I thought you might be interested in the following. Increasingly, our designed and purpose made products are being used by the finest modellers in the world!

We manufacture a range of products which out-perform other products (including baking soda etc) so you might consider checking out our website. http://www.precisioniceandsnow.com/

http://s793.photobucket.com/user/stevengmccarron/library/?sort=3&page=1

The advantages of our Krycell powders for Snow and Ice effects are many, but the fact that they can be scaled by application between 1/178th up to 1/35th is pretty useful.

Also, Krycell powders have the correct scale sparkle and sparkle colour. The powder is non- soluble and is not hydroscopic. It is a heavy product and so it mimics the weight of real snow on frail and bendable items such as wires and branches and leaves etc. We also manufacture different grades of Krycell powder and pre-cast, layered and tinted scale ice sheets.

In this picture, There is Krycell Fine in the center, to the left, baking soda and to the right Bicarbonate of soda. It can be seen how much more granular the two baking products are. The Krycell will not spread out into individual grains like the baking products. Which is why it builds realisticly and locks together to grow into lifelike frost and snow products. even on clear plastic windscreens and cowels at small scales it can be applied to a particle thickness without particles being apparent! Also, krycell does not have that over inflated fluffy look.

Also the colour of Krycell powders are closer to that of natural snow and are not 'to white, or bluey white like Bicarbonate and other products.

Once again, great work, I just thought that you might be interested in some products that could enhance your future projects. also, we are offering an exclusive discount to members of Britmodeller :thumbsup:

DSCF6419_zps0238ade1.jpg

DSCF6359_zps39d7c211.jpg

DSCF6396_zps4a920158.jpg

DSCF6396_zps4a920158.jpg

croppedwire_zpscfaf436d.jpg

Thank you.

I will give it a try on my next winter project.

Lovely looking tank by the way.

BB

Thanks, the tank is just a pre-assembled test piece. We use so many that we have to.

If I'm lucky I get the chance to actually build something, to test on which is much more satisfying. :winkgrin:

Thanks, the tank is just a pre-assembled test piece. We use so many that we have to.

If I'm lucky I get the chance to actually build something, to test on which is much more satisfying. :winkgrin:

How do you get the snow to lie so thick on the barbed wire?

BB

How do you get the snow to lie so thick on the barbed wire?

BB

Hi, The barbed wire was sprayed directionally at a low angle to represent blizzard. I think I used photo mount which is very fine and clear. So, I sprayed a few coats 2-3 seconds applying the Krycell directionally also between coats, tapping and blowing to remove excess.

DSCF2724_zpsce2d251b.jpg

Then after four coats of photo mount adhesive used snow it looked like this... After all those applications, on the wire I had the seeds and the start of frost deposits. I like frost, and I like frost at this scale on wire.

DSCF2756_zpsf51be210.jpg

DSCF2749_zpsb86fe8ab.jpg

However, after doing the frost test, I wanted to go further and build faster. Hairspray is brilliant because it builds quickly and evenly, alternating between apllications of spray 2-3 seconds and the applications of Krycell powder I soon started to achieve thicker layers. Not only on the wire, but also over the bricks and debris to on the floor.

Thicker........................

DSCF2790_zpse99103ef.jpg

And thicker still...................................

DSCF2861_zpsdaab01bd.jpg

And finally!!!!!

DSCF2859_zpsedc944b6.jpg

The initial coats of PhotoMount type adhesive are great if you want to spend forever getting super-fine builds but when you move into things like hairspray, things really take off quickly. The first coat of PhotoMount is quite useful as well because it creates a good key for the later heavier layers.

This pictures are of imprinted snow built up in less than 3 minutes using hairspray.

DSCF2570_zps9dfc4566.jpg

DSCF2566_zps0fdabe20.jpeg

Hope that is of some use to you, Cheers Steve