Birth of a legend.Hurricane prototype.

Hi folks hope you like my attempt at adding the prototype Hurricane to the collection.Part of a six plane stash clearance

build in WIP this is the first one done.Airfix new tool kit,no major work other than filling the exhaust aperture and using

decals(thanks Rick) and re-doing the early U/C doors as per this model.Not 100% accurate but I don,t count rivets!SDC11050_zps3a12106f.jpg

SDC11049_zpsb4cacc53.jpgSDC11048_zps25c488a4.jpgSDC11046_zps52a21320.jpgSDC11045_zpsb7456c2f.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 34

Nice one Steve,

Doesn`t it look nice in overall silver? You`ve built a lovely rendition of the `First of the Many',

Great Job,

Tony

Very nice steve, looks realy great :) What decals have you used for the marking?

Thanks a lot,they were from extra decals early Hurricanes sheet from Hannants which includes the prototype and Finnish aircraft as well as a good

selection of RAF machines.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I've had plans to add the prototype to my lineup of Hurricanes, but have been looking for that squared off canopy in vain. I don't think it is something I could fabricate with my limited skills, so I may have to wait until some aftermarket producer puts an actual conversion set together. Most of the required bits are in the Airfix kit, but not the canopy. 

• Like 1

Many thank's folk's,one of the few kit's still on the shelf not boxed up or binned as it's one of my favourite's not 100% accurate but

one of the few I've modified,I,d love to see a dedicated 1/48 scale kit of this and the Spitfire prototype from Airfix.

• Like 3