Recce Stuart is in the Case

Just got this finished in the Construction Thread, and realized that I should put a few images on the Ready for Inspection Thread!

First, the subject:

Stuart_zps725a7d65.jpg

Then the result:

DSC_0071_zps6afa23ae.jpg

DSC_0070_zps999a9188.jpg

DSC_0068_zpsc64a7a77.jpg

Thanks to all who visited the Build Thread. I had a lot of fun building this kit, and learned a few ideas along the way from Britmodeller forumites. More builds in future! ^_^

• Like 5

Hi, Everyone,

Many thanks for your kind comments!

Fredben, I used a mix of Flory washes for the dust: equal parts of White and Sand applied mostly by brush but some by airbrush, and then wiped with a slightly damp piece of kitchen roll to achieve the desired effect. A little Mig Pigments European Dust was also added here and there. I like these two products because, if any changes have to be made, they can simply be washed off with water and reapplied. :)

And again, to all: :thanks:

• Like 1

Very nice indeed,.....I`ve never seen the photo that you used for reference before and it is a great view of a Recce Stuart,....no wonder you wanted to model it. You`ve done a really nice job of it,

Cheers

Tony

Thanks, Tony and Carius,

I spent many years in our Army. This subject is a Stuart from my ancestral regiment, 8th (Princess Louise's) New Brunswick Hussars, in Italy, hence my interest and motivation for the build.