Joint warrior 2014

Muzz

Does anyone know of any confirmed deployments to Lossie or Leuchars or Joint Warrior 2014, I've had a look on Fighter Control but can't see anything?

Would I be right in saying it's scheduled for the 2 weeks of 31st March -11th April?

We usually get some US mil stuff through Glasgow airport in the run up to and during the exercise, usually C-130T and C-9's, sadly never enough of the exciting stuff though. They'll have trouble competing with the Emirates A380 on the 10th April though! (Not my cup of tea mind you, bloody ugly tin taxi!!!)

Would love to be able to get up to Lossie for a day or two during JW sometime.

Rgds,

Eng

Hi Eng

Yes, those are the dates, I was hoping to get up to Lossie for it this year too but it just seems to have creeped up on me so not got anything planned. Went along to Leuchars last year for the French contingent and was hoping for some of the same this year.

Might take a drive along to see what I can see. No enthusiasts day during this though :(

cause its a military exercise thats why .. they need to train for deployments and natural disasters , i did it when i was TA last thing you wanted was civvies nearby taking photos etc when special forces units are/were involved ..

thomas

cause its a military exercise thats why .. they need to train for deployments and natural disasters , i did it when i was TA last thing you wanted was civvies nearby taking photos etc when special forces units are/were involved ..

thomas

A bit curt Thomas, I believe MPaul was mentioning the enthusiasts day as they have had one's in the past, not questioning why there isn't going to be one this year.

Muzz

thomas

Yes a bit unnecessary.

The RAF website was stating about a week ago that there may be one, and was recently updated (hence my post) to say there wouldn't be.

To mirror your tone - Some have been actual RAF members, and not just part-timers, and enthusiasts days do sometimes get held during exercises. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The whole point of enthusiast days is so that public access can be controlled.

From what I hear on the grape vine there is a drop planned at Kinloss airfield (staging from West Freugh, Galloway) along with Chinook movements for 7th/8th weather dependant, with associated Lynx & Apache involvement as well.

Those in the area can keep an eye out.

Julien