In danger of non completion!

In danger of not completing my HAS Mk3 refurb build, whilst waitng for the PO to deliver more Archers rivets, I decided to start a second build, Whilst XW839 has been conspicuous by it's absence from the line up of Lynx prototypes, well it was until Tony aka Lynx7 posted a pic in his Lynx build thread.

XW839 was painted in Pink or Sahara Orange as Westlands would have you believe. It's the one Lynx prototype which has captured my imagination, more than the others. So here she is, well almost.

I started her last weekend, it's the very old Frog kit and in retrospect I think I could have done a better job with an early Airfix kit (don't ask me why I didn't look in the stash). The Lynx has to be one of Frogs worst kits, it shouldn't have been as it was in the 70's when it was released/produced.

Moulded in dark blue styrene and with differing levels of raised detail, I set about shoving it together. Some filler was required and a lot of filing and this is where I am today.

After two coats of aerosol grey primer a coat of flat white also from a can and then a coat of Humbrol 61 as reccommended by Tony. I added a couple of drops of Humbrol Gloss and thinned with lacquer thinners. Then I sprayed two coats of semingloss clearcoat which didn't do anything tot the finish so I shot a coat of Humbrol Gloss again thinned with lacquer thinners. I'm now waithng for that to dry. Tomorrow I'll add the decals and seal it with a coat of semi gloss Modelmaster.

All this because I didn't want to fail another GB.

IMG_2841comp_zps5e3a9551.jpg

Colin

• Like 2

Well that was a litle non productive, I was going to tel you all I had to... However I just closed BM and al I had written disappeared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here is where I'm at jus a few things to complete then I think I'll call it finished.

IMG_2889comp_zps36725191.jpg

Colin

Lynx-GB-banner_zps53c18225.jpg

Ok, guys after a mild panic attack and being in danger of not finishing another GB I knocked the old Frog kit about a bit and finished her as the fifth Lynx protoype.

In retrospect I should have used the Airfix kit form the original release it might have been a tad easier!!!!

Anyway I've posted finished pics in the gallery, hope you like her?

IMG_2920crop_zps1f6c2508.jpg

Thanks for looking

Colin

Hi Paul, many thanks for your kind comments. The 'Pink Lynx' has always been ellusive amongst it's contemporaries. I really need to do it justice with something better, either the Airfix 72nd kit fuselage with new three window doors or the 48th kit with modifications. All five prototypes would make a stricking collection, fourty years plus on.

Colin