Messerschmitt Me262 wheels. 1:32

Messerschmitt Me262 Wheels

1:32 Brassin

pack.jpg

To replace the wheels in the Trumpeter kits, Eduard/Brassin have released this set of resin parts. The parts come in the standard blister pack with two layers of foam protecting them. On opening the quality of parts really stands out. The tyres, with very finely engraved treads, the mains with radial treads and the nose with transverse are beautifully moulded with a more natural look than the kit parts. Clean up of the wheels should be quick and easy as the webs holding them to the moulding blocks are very thin. Any excess left after removal will only require a quick swipe of a sanding stick to tidy up. Also included in the set are the inner hubs, with nicely rendered brake details and attachment holes that match the kit axles. The outer hubs have a finesse and depth to them that would be impossible to do in injection moulding. The hubs are on quite large moulding blocks for their size, but since they are on the rear of each item it’s just a matter of razor sawing them off and flattening them with a sanding stick. The set also comes with a set of masks to aid in painting which are always very handy.

wheels.jpg

Conclusion
This is another very simple but useful upgrade set from Eduard/Brassin for your Me262 kit. They will certainly be quite a noticeable improvement in this scale.
Highly recommended

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of logo.gif