A-12 to SR-71 Titanium Quintuplets WIP.

This is interesting. For goodness sake remember which bit belongs to the other bits! BTW I take it you would have, but have you read Skunk works?

Not read skunkworks yet but its on the list.

Dan

• Like 1

As per the plan i have been attacking the weathering on the SR-71 for the last couple of days, i will repeat the same for the underside but a little more dirty , all the leaking fuel coming from the seams on the underside would have left a bit of a mess.

I have applied what few decals there are to the three NMF birds and painted the canopies, with luck i will be done by Friday, then i can get stuck in to the next two. :banghead:102_7669.jpg

102_7670.jpg

102_7671.jpg

102_7672.jpg

102_7674.jpg

Thats it for now, nearly at the finishing post.

Thanks for looking.

Danny

Edited by danimalmagic
  • Like 4

I love the progression from naked titanium to the black bird. Such an amazing aircraft even all these years later! Excellent work on the builds and finishes!!!

Thanks Uilleann.

Danny

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Only just found this after looking at them in the ready for inspection forum , stunning work on all four of them . I remember building one when i was a kid , brush painted in Humbrol gloss black it was !

Where abouts do you get the resin conversion kits from ? I've googled kiwi resin and did not come up with much of any use .

Edited by taggart

Only just found this after looking at them in the ready for inspection forum , stunning work on all four of them . I remember building one when i was a kid , brush painted in Humbrol gloss black it was !

Where abouts do you get the resin conversion kits from ? I've googled kiwi resin and did not come up with much of any use .

ebay, kiwi resin still trade but only 1-72 and 1-144, they used to do 1-48 but sold the moulds to black robinz resin and they dont trade any more.

search for A-12 Oxcart.

thanks for looking

Dan

Thanks for the reply Dan , i've found them on ebay today . I can only find one version though , do you use the same one for both of your resin nosed builds ?

there is only one version the rest is for you to do.

dan

Thanks Dan , i will order one and see what kind of mess i make of it ! ! Don't mind getting the filler out but i doubt it will come out as good as your builds .

Might get in trouble for posting this on here but here goes , i can't find an Italeri YF-12A anywhere in 1/72nd . Can anyone help me out and point me in the direction of a kit for sale please ?

Edited by taggart

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dan , i will order one and see what kind of mess i make of it ! ! Don't mind getting the filler out but i doubt it will come out as good as your builds .

Might get in trouble for posting this on here but here goes , i can't find an Italeri YF-12A anywhere in 1/72nd . Can anyone help me out and point me in the direction of a kit for sale please ?

ebay, there are some on there most days.

Dan

I've found a YF-12 kit on ebay made by AHM but i can't come up with any info on whether it's worth trying to get hold off , can anyone please enlighten me as to if this kits any good ?

It is a Revell kit but you really want the the Testors/Italeri kit as it is the best one.

Dan

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, so forgive me for any mistakes.

My question is what happened to all the photos???

I'm about to start my own oxcart conversion and I recall from a couple of years

ago that these photos were amazing!!!

I even went so far as to set up a photobucket account, but I don't see how that helps.

Best,

John