Another Hurricane- Heller Mk.IIc in Portugese Markings

Hiya Folks,

I`ve been on a roll with Hurricane models at the moment and I decided to see what I could do with the old Heller kit as I had a few in the stash. The raised detail was sanded away and I attempted to re scribe it while the plank like wings were modified by having the trailing edges trimmed to better match the correct wing chord. Anyway enough blurb,....here is the model finished in Portugese markings from Colorado Decals;

72-16j_zps0b44a0a1.jpg

Here is the model with the cut line marked out on the wings using a template;

72-16e_zps71d36cc4.jpg

72-16ll_zps6298d63d.jpg

72-16k_zpsc17b2ebb.jpg

A set of 44gal long range tanks left over from a Revell Hurricane were also fitted,

All the best

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 20

Another cracking Hurricane Tony,great scheme makes a nice change,is it me or are Hurricanes outnumbering spitfires on the site at the moment?

Cheers Steve,

Yes the old Hurricane certainly seems to be popular at the moment,......about time too!

Cheers

Tony

Hello FB,

Glad you like my effort but hats off to your collection of wonderful models sir! It is hard to pick a favourite but I think that your Curtiss Mohawk just takes 1st place for me,.....I have one of those planned myself but your crash scene is something else,....I`d love to see a close photo of it.

Cheers

Tony

It's lovely to see a well built hurricane in a foreign livery. And yes, I agree, hurricanes do seem to be very popular at the minute, I even added my contribution the other week. Top marks, regards

Very nice work again Tony! I still did not find enough courage to start with rescribing, so all respect to you and others who are rescribing like it was the easiest thing to do.. :)

As much as i like the spitfire and its beautiful shape, i somehow like hurricane a tiny bit more. You know, hurricane got some rough beauty inside.. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

As always I always say (but it's always true) that looks most excellent.

Did you make the template from scale plans?

Cheers mate,.......no I used the wing from an Academy Hurricane kit as the template,......I don`t trust plans and the Academy wing just looked OK to me!

Tony

• Like 1

Cheers mate,.......no I used the wing from an Academy Hurricane kit as the template,......I don`t trust plans and the Academy wing just looked OK to me!

Tony

That's useful to know, Tony. If I ever get round to making any of my Revell Hurricanes, I'll use your method.

• Like 1