And with the Vietnam GB possibly next year if it makes it through this is going to be busy time. Especially with my first being born later this year. Oh well a long way off yet.

Yep it is a long way off. And you could always ask for a later time slot if the Vietnam Build gets the nod.

Maybe get it to start on the anniversary of the gulf of Tonkin incident. That ultimately led to the war and it's in August.

I'll probably be building a Phantom for that too if it goes ahead... :D

Oh sweet, I'm in this one when it goes ahead. I just got the 2013 TAC F-15 and F-4 JASDF decals in the post all in 1/144 scale. I know what I will be building now! :)

For anyone who wants to know, all of the F-4's on this forum post (I assume linking other aviation forums is okay??)

http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=55791

I even have the F-15's with the evil bears on them. ;)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

Nice pictures! :thumbsup:

The Japanese Phantoms do have some nice schemes, but the sheer number of stencils puts me right off doing them. The same goes for early US Navy ones as well. :shrug:

Sean

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I assume that this is a STGB for the F4H/F-110/F-4 Phantom II, and not the second STGB for the FH Phantom... (likewise the Harrier II STGB that is going on right now). :)

Anyway, I have done a few Phantoms during my modelling "career" (F-4s, that is, and a sole F4H-1). My next Phantom will be either a RAF 74 Sqn. F-4J(UK) or FGR.2, or a 57th FIS USAF (F-4D or F-4E at Keflavik, Iceland). A group build might get me started on this model...

Too many Phantoms in the stash though.

Nils

Yes please! I could add Hasegawa High Grade in Raspberry Ripple, Revell (Hasegawa) Alcock and Brown (CAM decals) or Academy with Falcon conversion and Tasmain decals to create Sageburner... or all ;-)

After all I have some moths to decide.

René

After all I have some moths to decide.

I think you're in the wrong Group Build :winkgrin: (the Gipsy's my favorite, but I've got a Tiger to do, too)

Well, if I haven't gotten around to them before this starts, which is VERY likely to be the case, it might be just the final straw I need! Already laid plans for an early F-4B (Hasegawa), and an F-4J(UK) (Monogram) and "Speyed Phantom" (Hasegawa). It all started with the first one, but I had the J kit that a friend handed off to me- I got it out to compare (thinking it might contribute some parts), and then one thing led to another. Actually I have one or two hangar queens from the same friend, too, but whether they will get restored or cannibalized is open to question.

bob

Edited by gingerbob
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

ok how did I miss this one, I'm in!!!

Will have to join with either a Luftwaffe or Israeli F-4 (maybe even a RAAF F-4E?), something with a gun in the nose I think!

Haha I'm running the P-38 build before this....so better get that one out of the way nice and quick!

• Like 1