Revell 1/144 Concorde

Hi all,

After a couple of very long 1/32 Hawk builds, something completely different from my usual cold war subjects. Built oob apart from the metal pitot and the stand which came from a Corgi diecast model.

Made a refreshing change to build an airliner, I think I'll be making a few more in the future.

All comments welcomed, gazza l.

001_zps661deacc.jpg

002_zps2944d344.jpg

003_zps8ea41c57.jpg

• Like 9

Great work and looking very realistic - I have a half built revel concorde on the side which I hope make look something like this - thanks for posting - I flew on BOAD to NY on the first anniversary of 9/11 so thanks for bringing her back to life again - could you spare some build in progress shots too for a bit of self guidance and whose decals have you used - are they 26's?

A beautiful model of possibly the world's most beautiful aircraft.

All that first shot needs is a little photoshop magic for a background and you'd never know it was a model.

Superb build. A special aircraft, part victim of American protectionism, part last in a long line of British Heroic Failures.

Well, with a bit of help from the French.

What a beautiful looking build. Concorde always looks its best in flight. On the ground it looks like a delta winged Big Bird.

Tupolev TU-144 on the other hand, look like sheep.

david

Hi, thanks for your kind comments.

Is that the OOB stand? Sets off your excellent model very well!

The stand is from a Corgi diecast model that I no longer use; just cleaned up the seam, added some weight inside the base and sprayed Alclad gloss black.

Great work and looking very realistic - I have a half built revel concorde on the side which I hope make look something like this - thanks for posting - I flew on BOAD to NY on the first anniversary of 9/11 so thanks for bringing her back to life again - could you spare some build in progress shots too for a bit of self guidance and whose decals have you used - are they 26's?

Sorry didn't do a WIP, the decals are the kit decals which went on very well.

Hi Gazza,

Superb build!

Can I ask what you used for the pitot?

Cheers,

Mark

The pitot is one that I turned myself from brass, which was made for a 1/72 Tornado but it looks to be in scale on the Concorde.

Hi Gazza.

Nice looking bird but I think you missed the outer most windshield frames, easily added :)

See here:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/British-Airways/Aerospatiale-BAC-Concorde-102/0577120/L/&sid=0fba275cdf410a95fb0362d3e375a06c

Cheers

Ray

Thanks for the link Ray, you're right I didn't paint the framework, I always managed to miss something off!!!

Cheers, gazza l.