Fujimi 1/72 F-14A Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers

So as well as the Fujimi Mig-21 I finished today for the group build I have also put the finishing touches to a 1/72 Fujimi F-14A. This has a Pavla resin cockpit (designed for the Italeri kit) and decals from CAM. Painted with Xtracrylix. The CAM decals sheet also has options for Vf-111 and a VF-41 Black Aces bird that was involved in the Su22 shoot down over the Libyan gulf in 1981. Very difficult to choose which option but as I still have another couple of Tomcats in the stash hopefully I will be able to do all three at some stage.

Andrew

P3090746_zps6cc52383.jpg

P3090749_zps24015381.jpg

P3090751_zpsb76007a9.jpg

P3090752_zps19b3abed.jpg

P3090754_zps472b4027.jpg

• Like 11

Very nice particularly given it is 72nd, looks great with the section of deck to sit on too.

• Like 1

Looks great!

Since I have three of this in my stash, I wondered how easy (or not) was the build, and if there are specific points that need extra attention.

:goodjob:

The kit went together without any major problems. The parts that require some care are the attachment of the forward fuselage to the main fuselage to avoid any steps and the construction of the main fuselage itself particularly the engine housings. I did put some scrap pieces of sprue vertically within the main fuselage to add some strength and I cut off the interlocking mechanism on the main wings to make them an easier fit. The most awkward part of the whole build was towards the end just trying to hold it whilst putting on the final pieces - with the wings attached they are a tad awkward to pick up! I have another Fujimi one and a Hasegawa one in the stash so it will be interesting to compare them at some stage.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Andrew