Dassault Super Mystere B2. Fonderie Miniature 1/48th scale, Berna decals

Hi all - so the nice weather meant I could take pics at last.

The build thread is here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234952467-fonderie-miniature-148th-dassault-super-mystere-b2-le-petit-sabre-francais-finished/

Finished as 154/ 12-ZJ or EC2/12 "Cornouailles" based at Cambrai 1971. painted with Tamiya acrylics, Decals from Berna sheet 48-76 with the odd bit from Isra decal's sheet.

I'm dedicating this build to my friend, Rowan Broadbent- whose donation of his unmade model finally allowed me to build a Super Mystere in 1/48th. Cheers Mr B!!

Hope you like her.

Jonners

P1050562_zps6b88f69c.jpg

P1050568_zps68b5b12d.jpg

P1050581_zps0c00f4d7.jpg

P1050588_zpse95b4928.jpg

P1050591_zps5bf5c07e.jpg

• Like 12

Mmmmmm! I am love it! It is an exellent build and paint work! Let me ask you a question: what do you thing about quality of the kit ( I am meaning fitting, mould, detalization e.t.c) I have never saw this bird in 48-th scale... And after your post I am eager to have this kit at my desk! Thanks!

Just bliddy marvelous, Jonners, lovely paintwork and marking scheme. You really are turning out some cracking models. Great job on that challenging and much fondled kit.

Red cross parcel on its way next week.

Cheers, mate.

R

Glad you like it old chap, 'cus a Super Mystere can't live in Oxford - it needs to live 'en France' - so I'm going to build a little cocoon for it so you can carry it back to Brittany when we next meet. No complaining I wont have it. PS - its your turn to call :)

Mmmmmm! I am love it! It is an exellent build and paint work! Let me ask you a question: what do you thing about quality of the kit ( I am meaning fitting, mould, detalization e.t.c) I have never saw this bird in 48-th scale... And after your post I am eager to have this kit at my desk! Thanks!

Hi - actually its fits pretty well, but you need to know its NOT in any way like a Tamiya or Hasegawa model. The parts are pretty detailed, and engraved panel lines help, but you WILL use filler and you WILL need to "square up" parts first.

The Mystere is one of FM's better models id say - like their Tiger and Cougar.

If you want to add more detail - then Renaissance Models have lots of bits

http://www.renaissance-models.com/ter/index.php/avions-toutes-echelles/echelle-1-48

If you want one - then Ebay is your best bet ( Rowan, alas doesnt have any more to give away!! - I wont mention the Vautour - oh merde i mentioned the Vautour)

Cheers - and thanks to everyone for their kind comments.

• Like 1

Hi Jonners,

was the WIP thread already extremely impressive, the finished model is magnificent.

I once built a model of FM, it was the Kingcobra of the Armee de l`Air in Indochine, and I can understand very well all the work that you had with this shortrun.

You can be very proud because this is a gorgeous unique piece in your private museum.

Chapeau!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hi Jonners,

was the WIP thread already extremely impressive, the finished model is magnificent.

I once built a model of FM, it was the Kingcobra of the Armee de l`Air in Indochine, and I can understand very well all the work that you had with this shortrun.

You can be very proud because this is a gorgeous unique piece in your private museum.

Chapeau!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Yep, that was the one I binned. :banghead:

Edited by Buzby061