SoCal GT40 Garage find

I follow an online daily car mag called Carbuzz.

If you want to read childish, asinine drivel comments, take a look.

I guess the vast majority of posters are from the US (nowt wrong with that by the way) and their entire attitude seems to be:

1: The GT40 is American - totally - period.

2: Aston Martins are cheaply put together, slow and boring.

3: Jaguar have no style.

4: ANYTHING called a Corvette is the best car in the world - 'have one over a Ferrari or Lambo any day...'

5: American cars are the best handling and best built cars anywhere - period.

6: Almost everyone posting 'owns' a Corvette, Jag F type (they do like that one) or a classic Ferrari.

It's blatantly obvious the majority of posters can't even drive yet and it's all quite funny really.

Roy.

• Like 2

I follow an online daily car mag called Carbuzz.

If you want to read childish, asinine drivel comments, take a look.

I guess the vast majority of posters are from the US (nowt wrong with that by the way) and their entire attitude seems to be:

1: The GT40 is American - totally - period.

2: Aston Martins are cheaply put together, slow and boring.

3: Jaguar have no style.

4: ANYTHING called a Corvette is the best car in the world - 'have one over a Ferrari or Lambo any day...'

5: American cars are the best handling and best built cars anywhere - period.

6: Almost everyone posting 'owns' a Corvette, Jag F type (they do like that one) or a classic Ferrari.

It's blatantly obvious the majority of posters can't even drive yet and it's all quite funny really.

Roy.

Thank you Roy, very insightful!

Of course, I know about the GT40 "Miss-understanding" but the rest kind of makes sense now too!

Rick.

I wish this kind of thing would happen to me... Good thing it was 'left' in S. California, looks to be in superb shape. Horrible colour though, even with years of fading. :sick:

On a tangent, what is it with forums these days? Most folks seem to love being overtly rude and difficult behind the anonymity of their profile:

British Fords are not real Fords. Every American knows that the "Anglican Fords" are garbage, and less dependable than a P.O.S. Rover. I've put several million miles on American built Fords and they've been more reliable than my Mercedes, or anything I ever bought from Honda, Chrysler or General Motors.

Pride before common sense and he should give us a bit more credit, we've had reliable but boring Fords: Mondeo and some truly great 'drivers cars': XR2, XR3i, XR4i, 4x4's, RS Turbos and of course the RS500. Of course, I'm of a certain generation... B)