The legendary pair

Hi folks,this started as a bit of a tongue in cheek post yesterday in chat referring to the number of kits I try to hide in my wardrobe.

my missus knows all my tricks(a dozen 1/72 kits stuffed into one 1/48 scale box) so I decided to mass produce seven kits in one go!

so the idea is four spitfire MK1/2.and three Hurricane MK1,s.The spitfires will be run of the mill earth/green scheme apart from one

of the 3D kits decal options in an unusual(FAA) scheme.The Hurricanes will be one pre war RAF scheme,one Finnish and the real

(worry for me) a representation of the Prototype!So here,s the start minus one Hurricane which I added to the build today.SDC10986_zps873136c4.jpg

• Like 9

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: someone call a doctor, we have a patient! ;) nono seriously, i ll watch this how you are going to deal with all the fuselages and wings, hope you wont end with some spitcanes.. :)

• Like 3

Hi folks,here,s where I am today and that,s me back to work till Monday!interiors painted washed and dry brushed(I really don,t like interiors).So much

conflicting information out there on spitfire seats so I have gone for the brownish(I think bakalite) type,and the Prototype Hurricane seat which I have

still to add in Aluminium. OSDC10988_zps74f39735.jpgSDC10990_zpsb7889b34.jpgSDC10991_zpsbd949dd0.jpgnly belts to add from tape then next week I can start joining them up.Thanks for looking.

• Like 6

....... and I thought I was stretching a point with two Spitfires in the Less than a Tenner group build. I'm not even close am I.........?

Good luck with these. I shall be interested to see how they turn out.

I have to ask...... Is your missus impressed by your idea of building so many at once?

Kind regards,

Stix

....... and I thought I was stretching a point with two Spitfires in the Less than a Tenner group build. I'm not even close am I.........?

Good luck with these. I shall be interested to see how they turn out.

I have to ask...... Is your missus impressed by your idea of building so many at once?

Kind regards,

Stix

She better be after all this effort!

• Like 1

Just a little more progress before work this afternoon.The Hurricane fuselages are joined up and heres the Spitfires ready for the next step.SDC10992_zpsbda8aa51.jpg

• Like 6

Hi folks just a quick update,major assemblies done no problems as is becoming the norm with these new tool Airfix kits.and just thought I would throw in a

picture of the prototype Hurricane showing the shape difference of the original doors,also my method of representing the original exhaust system is to

fill and sand the recess for the later type and work out a way of reproducing the original.the change in shape of the doors is reflected on the wheel wells

and it may be me but photo,s seem to show a slightly straighter leading edge on the tail.As I need to stress this is my attempt to "represent" the prototype

and will have inaccuracies,Thanks for checking in.SDC11001_zps86ea36f7.jpgSDC10998_zpsbb06893d.jpg

• Like 1

HI Steve

good project, regarding the Hurricane prototype...

probably a bit late now...

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234930159-172-hurricane-prototype/

has links to decent plans [seepost #7 ] and a load of photos, and general info. To make an accurate model, a LOT of work, note all the fuselage access panels are different shapes etc the fin leading edge is as curved, but lack the top horn balance....

HTH

T

• Like 1

Could you use decals for the exhausts on K5083?

Not sure if they look the same as K5054, but I used this method and they look okay on this scale.

I have some left or the .PSD/.JPG files if you'd like them.

I'm no Hurricane expert, so they may be completely different.

Rick.

Hi folks,the madness continues with all kits primed but cracked on with the prototype Hurricane as me and silver dont mix well so this could have

been a bin job,happy to say it turned out OK.sprayed with vallejo silver for the doped areas and painted humbrol silver(very thinned) for the

metal front cowl.not happy with that part so needs to be done again as it does not stand out as much as it should.thanks for lookingSDC11007_zps6f569b6f.jpg

• Like 6

Hi folks,the madness continues with all kits primed but cracked on with the prototype Hurricane as me and silver dont mix well so this could have

been a bin job,happy to say it turned out OK.sprayed with vallejo silver for the doped areas and painted humbrol silver(very thinned) for the

metal front cowl.not happy with that part so needs to be done again as it does not stand out as much as it should.thanks for lookingSDC11007_zps6f569b6f.jpg

I cant get Metallics right either!! Clog up my airbrush...muck me around!! I think you've done a fine job though. Prototype Hurri.....you are a big fan aren't you :banghead:

Arching the outcome if this - interested in the prototype finish. And are you still going ahead with the Finnish Mk1 ?

Brill.

Thanks and yes the other two are primed including the Finnish version.