60 year anniversary Lockheed C-130 Hercules STGB anyone?

hgbn

Must be the most widely and longest produced Cargo aircraft used in the history of aviation. Like they say at Lockheed the only way to replace an old worn C-130 is to buy a new.

Personally its among my favorite aircrafts. Have a small stash of these awaiting to be build.

Think it would be great to have a GB covering this type.

So anyone who want to sign up??

Participants so far

1. hgbn Host
  2. Lex77
  3. Trojan Thunder
  4. Atom.uk
  5. pacificmustang
  6. LSDModeller
  7. Vingtor
  8. RNoAF Aerobatic team
  9. Jabba
  10. JOCKNEY
  11. Ghostbase
  12. Mozzy19
Edited by hgbn
  • Like 1

Must be the most widely and longest produced Cargo aircraft used in the history of aviation. Like they say at Lockheed the only way to replace an old worn C-130 is to buy a new.

Personally its among my favorite aircrafts. Have a small stash of these awaiting to be build.

Think it would be great to have a GB covering this type.

So anyone who want to sign up??

I'm in. I love the C-130 and have several in my (extensive) "pending" pile!

I would *love* to sign up to this STGB however there are several barriers to be overcome...

I am interested in the earlier marks of the C-130, specifically the C-130A up to the C-130E in 'Nam (with the wavy line SE Asia camouflage scheme and MAC tail flash plus big badges, also later ANG variants).

And my preferred scale is 1/72!

So not too much out there for me?

Michael

Externally the E and H is not much different. I have build a E in SEA camo with the wavy line my self. Italeri's AC-130 is a A model with the correct 3 bladed prop. Liberating those for a C-130A and use the 4 bladed for a AC-130E

On 3/8/2014 at 7:13 AM, Ghostbase said:

I would *love* to sign up to this STGB however there are several barriers to be overcome...

I am interested in the earlier marks of the C-130, specifically the C-130A up to the C-130E in 'Nam (with the wavy line SE Asia camouflage scheme and MAC tail flash plus big badges, also later ANG variants).

Michael

Michael, You just need to look!

OzMods in Australia also have some C-130A blades and spinners and corrected exhaust pipes for the engines. I built a RAAF C-130A a couple of years ago for an ex-flight engineer

48825887766_2038a7d880_b.jpg

Wolfpak in the US has a few C-130A - E subjects on their multi subject sheets

Sheet 72-015 PGM Pioneers: C-130A 347th TAW Flare ship & Night FAC

Sheet 72-021 Ladies, Hounds & Shark: HC-130H or N (Vietnam Camo Scheme)

Sheet 72-032 Recce Birds: C-130B-II (Vietnam Camo Scheme)

Sheet 72-034 Workin' Nights: AC-130A's, 415th SOTS, 16thSOS

Sheet 10-12 Thanks 2010: C-130E 317th TAW (This one is sold out and hard to find)

Wolfpak sheets are also available in the UK from Fantasy Printshop.

Draw Decal in the USA has a number of ANG Sheets, some for C-130E in current grey scheme

So there is stuff out there, you just need to look.

• Like 1

Given that this would most likely be 2015 time slot, I'll put my name

down, I have a composite kit (Airfix/Italerie) my father picked up some

years ago in an Auckland Model shop.

I'll do an RNZAF C130H in current "Gunship" grey from 40 Squadron

RNZAFC130Fincopy_zps757576f3.jpg

Thanks/regards

Alan

Edited by LDSModeller

I have two Italeri 1/72 kits and resin engines that I have saved to build a stretched C-130J some time in the future. I am still lacking RNoAF decals though.... :hmmm: Hoping that the decals issue will be dealt with, I'm in.

Nils

• Like 1

Michael

Do you want to sign up Michael?

Put my name down, as by the time this GB comes around someone may have produced some decals for a EC-130E(RR) of the 193Spec Ops Sqn of the PA ANG, of if not one from the RAF during Op Granby with nose art.

Hi Henrik

I have a 1/72 C130 in the stash, it's a bit sad having been separated from the sprues and bagged, likely a few bits missing so definitely a challenge.

Bring it on !

Cheers Pat

Just remembered that I do have a C-130 in the deep stash - the very old ESCI #9101 1/72 AC-130H 'Spectre II' which builds as serial 69-6572 operated by 1 SOW based at Hurlbert Field FL. Interesting but not too colourful.

Thanks for the research Trojan Thunder, more than I thought and appreciated :-)

So sign me up...

Michael

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Pat and Michael.

I have the very same Esci kit in my own stash. I haven't decided If I want to do it as a Vietnam war bird yet

Edited by hgbn

Just remembered that I do have a C-130 in the deep stash - the very old ESCI #9101 1/72 AC-130H 'Spectre II' which builds as serial 69-6572 operated by 1 SOW based at Hurlbert Field FL. Interesting but not too colourful.

Thanks for the research Trojan Thunder, more than I thought and appreciated :-)

So sign me up...

Michael

No Worries Michael,

When you have around 8-10 C-130 kits in the stash and umpteen conversion sets for various MC and LC-130s, plus the obligatory AC kits you soon find out what is out there. Too many Hercs, not enough time.....

No Worries Michael,

When you have around 8-10 C-130 kits in the stash and umpteen conversion sets for various MC and LC-130s, plus the obligatory AC kits you soon find out what is out there. Too many Hercs, not enough time.....

Struth TT if your stash can include 8 to 10 Hercs I'm not doing quite as bad on the stash size front as I thought after all !

You can almost do a STGB on your own, outstanding Sir

Struth TT if your stash can include 8 to 10 Hercs I'm not doing quite as bad on the stash size front as I thought after all !

You can almost do a STGB on your own, outstanding Sir

Well I won't mention how many P-3 Orions or KC-135s and E-3s I have then...... :D

Needless to say I think the multi-engine types in 1/72. One day I will find a way to display them all.