Trumpeter 1/35 E-100

gary66

Right ... so I got a new finished kit to show. Unfortunately, this is one of my worst finished kit to date. Coming in second after my failure of a Tiger I, this is one of those build that I just had to call it '' finished '' and just move on.

I do not love what I did on this kit, not one bit. I see this as a failure but this served as a very valuable learning curve. I shouldn't even be letting the readers see this failure but I figure I should show this just so people can read about the bumps I faced so that they do not do the same mistakes I did and feel disheartened and throw away their kits ( I almost did ).

I made very poor paint works, had to strip 3 times and paint 4 times on this, I did some really frustating boo-boos with the pigments and the commanders scopes are horrible.

I had a fun time putting on the extra stowage on the deck and the rust effects on the spare tracks. Those are the only satisfactory outcome from this build. The colours used were Tamiya dark yellow, olive green and red brown. Vallejo german grey was used on the wheels and chassis. MIG pigments were used for the dusts. The rust was done with Vellejo panzer aces rust and oil paints. The tarp was made from kitchen foil.

It's too long to write the whole story so you can check out the whole bumps I faced with the build and many more pictures on my blog -

P1150309-2.jpg

P1150316-2.jpg

P1150314-2.jpg

P1150310-2.jpg

P1150311-2.jpg

P1150333-2.jpg

• Like 1

How did you paint the cannon barrel? It looks particularily nice imo.

This reminds me of the all-glass (pretty much) vitrine closet I have. Models look interesting even from afar. With a little light nearby shining downwards onto the models, the stuff looks great, particularily the silvery models that give off highlights. I foremost like the model because of their minitaturization, and not so much for resembling realistic surfaces with the paint and whatnot. :)

I recommend getting a set of sanding sticks if you don't have any. Looks like you haven't sanded the front of the barrel.

Edited by Decoman

How did you paint the cannon barrel? It looks particularily nice imo.

This reminds me of the all-glass (pretty much) vitrine closet I have. Models look interesting even from afar. With a little light nearby shining downwards onto the models, the stuff looks great, particularily the silvery models that give off highlights. I foremost like the model because of their minitaturization, and not so much for resembling realistic surfaces with the paint and whatnot. :)

I recommend getting a set of sanding sticks if you don't have any. Looks like you haven't sanded the front of the barrel.

Nah .. those little notches are built-in.. it came with the kit

Well I like it!

Christian the Married and exiled to africa

Thanks for the kind encouragement sir

I like it too

thank you sir.. nice to hear that

Looks great to me! nice to see the trademark "down the barrel" shot too.

Thanks Steve .. Trademark down the barrel .. :) .. one of my friends even call it the '' Gary Wintin '' Shot.. LOL