Bronco Comet

Scopedog3

This is my Comet with a base coat and a spattering of Vallejo sandy paste. I used the replacement resin mantlet with cover. Just a work in progress before all the weathering and detail painting. More pics will follow soon, Thanks for looking.

Mark

Comet1_zps50eebf20.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good so far. :) Isn't it the wheels that are the issue? I've got the resin mantlet cover for mine too, barrel and the Legend detailing set, which includes a mantlet cover, so I have a spare in fact :doh:

Thanks gents, from an accuracy standpoint I'm no expert, but as for the build it was one of the most trouble-free kits I've ever experienced. I was surprised how quickly it went together in contrast to Broncos Chaffee which took forever. I bought the workable tracks also from Bronco and they as well were a dream to assemble (as much as can be with indi tracks), if I recall correctly it took only a few hours for both runs. Highly recommended Kit

That looks good, I have one in the stash but have been put off by Broncos habit of over engineering their kits, after building the Staghound and part building the A13 I have given up as both of these seem to have far too many parts.

Cheers

Dennis

I've built their Chaffee and found it to be a tedious build, the fidelity of detail is superb, but I find the excessive number of parts leads me to lose interest. I spent nearly a year off/on with the Chaffee. If you have the constitution to see it through to finish, it is quite spectacular. The Comet is very different, you'll enjoy the build if you decide to tackle it.

I've been after one of these for a while now to build as an Irish Army version but they seem to be harder to find than hens teeth... I nearly bought one at Hendon show a few years back but I am not familiar with Armour and ended up buying a Cromwell instead... the Irish Army never had Cromwells Doh! (still a nice tank mind)

Yours look great.

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

I Have just returned to the hobby after many years and am enjoying building the British tanks through the ages. My problem, like Sean, is where can I get hold of one of the Bronco kits (or any other 1/35 model). Failing this has anybody some scale plans??

Cheers.