Lockheed Tristar 500 in 1/144 from Eastern Express

XV571

Just to put this in the proper place in addition to my post in the Classic Airliners sub-forum, I first saw this appear on the Airlinercafe site today. After following the linked picture it seems that Eastern Express have announced a new 1/144 scale Tristar 500 to be released sometime this year.

Posted on the Pas-Decals forum in a thread on the Airfix kit:

http://www.pas-decals.ru/forum/11--/5913-airfix-lockheed-l-1011-tristar-air-lanca#8845

Hopefully it'll be a decent kit, but given their track record I'd like to see the actual plastic before getting hopes up too high.

Jonathan.

P.S. Can any of our Russian friends shed any light on the A310 shown on the Pas Decals home page? Could it be we're finally going to be getting a new A310 kit. :pray:

I'm not primarily an airliner fan but, I do dabble occasionally. You can put me down for at least two!! If you don't mind the garish colours, the Court Line TriStars (B-BAAA & G-BAAB )spring to mind!!! Be hard put I think to find more colourful examples (if you don't mind the two tone pink / red one!!). I still have a picture of them side by side at Ibiza! If I remember aright even the stewardesses uniforms matched the aircraft colour schemes!!

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

I'm not primarily an airliner fan but, I do dabble occasionally. You can put me down for at least two!! If you don't mind the garish colours, the Court Line TriStars (B-BAAA & G-BAAB )spring to mind!!! Be hard put I think to find more colourful examples (if you don't mind the two tone pink / red one!!). I still have a picture of them side by side at Ibiza! If I remember aright even the stewardesses uniforms matched the aircraft colour schemes!!

Allan

The Court Line Tristars weren't 500s

Steve

Don't worry Allan, I understand that Eastern Express intend to issue the whole family, including the RAF K1/KC1. I've an eye on a Royal Jordanian 500, a Delta Air Lines 200 and a TWA -1 at least.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

I have ordered the RAF Tristar variant for Eastern Express via ebay. The ebay site shows 2 versions, 1 in the white/grey scheme and the in the overall medium sea grey. But I gather that a well known decal manufacturer has it in mind to do RAF Tristar markings.

John

On 17.2.2014 at 22:50, XV571 said:

Don't worry Allan, I understand that Eastern Express intend to issue the whole family, including the RAF K1/KC1. I've an eye on a Royal Jordanian 500, a Delta Air Lines 200 and a TWA -1 at least.

Hmm - is there a visual difference between 200 and -1? I have some Orbital Science decals to use and almost ordered the 200 last week. But if they release a -1 I might better wait.