Expert Shield - LCD protectors

Mike

I've just installed one of these on my Canon 7D, and after initially making a mistake and ordering one for the 70D, they sent me out the correct one without quibble, even before I sent the 70D shield back :clap2:

I've just installed it on both my main screen, the 3" LCD on the back, and the little info panel on the top right of the camera, and have been blown away by the quality of them. You would honestly think that there isn't a protector on the screens unless you spotted the faint outline of it, which is a fraction smaller than the screen itself. They are a piece of cake to install too, with a protective layer on both sides to help you do it right. I like 'em so much I've just ordered one each for my tablet and phone, direct from their website:

logo_bg.png

Click the logo to see if your camera/phone/tablet is supported. No link, other than the fact I think they're rather nice :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

How I missed these screen protectors I just don't know.... :unsure:

I've just replaced all the covers on all my cameras. They even have one for my spangly new GH4 I use for video work.

I can safely say these are really good quality at a price that isn't too scary. Smashingly optically clear to boot.

Seriously recommended. :thumbsup:

• 7 months later...

What a great company. Excellent service and instructions written in normal English. the screen savers are very easy to apply although the top one for the 1dx was a little small. they do seem top quality though

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but, this company are second to none in product quality and customer service that is truly excellent. I have no reservations recommending them at all.  Thanks for the original review, glad I found these people.

Regards

Richard

• 1 month later...

Old thread it might be, but a very useful one.

Among others I have a Nikon D7500.  It’s great at air shows and elsewhere but it’s always bothered me that the LCD screen is exposed both while  I’m using the camera and when it’s in one of the carrying cases I use.  My other Nikon, a trusty D5200 , allows the screen to be reversed and there not exposed.  I shall order protectors from Expert Shield.  Strangely, I had a look on a certain well known auction site and they only list a very few shields?

Thanks for the heads-up, Mike.

UPDATE:  I looked st the Expert Shield website and found the protector for my D7500.  Actually, THREE are available - glass, anti glare and glass.  Being unsure whether to opt for one of the first two I used the site’s ‘contact us’ facility and asked for advice.  I received a very fulsome and helpful reply and a link to a video.  To cut the story short, I’m advised that if the camera is used a lot for outdoor work the anti glare is the one Togo for.  Since airshows tend to be in the open (!) the choice seems obvious.  I’ve no connection with Expert Shield, just an impressed potential customer.

Edited by Jonny
Minor change to the orinial text and an update
  • Like 1