Trumpeter 1:700 Liberty Ship ~~ FINISHED ~~

Hi Guys

This will be my third entry for the GB. From what I have seen the kit looks clean and goes together well. Lots of tiny parts involved with this one.

12481742995_935bb837c6_b.jpg
IMG_3570 by Snapper_city, on Flickr

12481741345_a8e1eed337_b.jpg
IMG_3571 by Snapper_city, on Flickr

12481739835_4c23405a27_b.jpg
IMG_3575 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
Edited by snapper_city
  • Like 6

Looking forward to this...looks like a good kit.. Impressive detailed ship.. good work so far.....

:thumbsup:

Did you start the USS MISSOURI... :wicked:

It is a cracking little kit so far. I'll hopefully get some more time on it in the week.

I bought a 1:700 Missouri when I got the Liberty ship which I might try cram into this GB if I get all of my other subjects done.

The Missouri in question is the 1:350 that I still want to get the Pontos AM kit for but at around £100 it is on the wishlist. My build slots are currently filled until the summer so hopefully after that. But with a baby due in late Sept who know what could happen. We will see... :bounce:

• Like 1

Yep. Totally scary. :snorkle:

Yeah - you'll need to get as much kit building done before then as you can - not going to be much time after!

Interesting looking ship. I'm not usually taken by ships - warships etc., but this looks like it could be good.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Yep. Totally scary. :snorkle:

My daughter's 3 1/2 now and I find the only time I get for modelling is after her bedtime and maybe a little bit at weekends, although as my wife works on a Saturday, weekend modelling is somewhat of a luxury as I'm on full time dad duty.

Hi guys

I posted the pics yesterday as I was running out the door so didn't have a chance to say much. Some of the plastic in places is so thin it broke just by looking at it. For a moment I had great ideas flowing through my head of I could just scratch this bit and maybe that also. Before long I was mentally replacing so many parts that I would never finish it in time. In the end I only replaced what looks like a flag poll on top of the superstructure. The crane swing arms? were one such problem. Five of the ten arms had snapped on the sprue since I started building the kit alone. I have not been heavy handed with the sprue's they are just that delicate.

Henrik: I have left most of the deck clutter loose until it is painted. It calls for the deck to be one colour and all the stuff raised from the deck to be the hull colour. I will paint the deck and then hand paint the attached bits but I'm not sure if I should start painting the hull first and finish with the deck or start with the deck and work down to the hull. :shrug: She is looking at next week before paint commences anyway so plenty of time to think about it.

12811016964_12641bffe6_b.jpg
IMG_3586 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
12810606675_dbac14b34c_b.jpg
IMG_3587 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
:pirate:
  • Like 2

Very delicate looking, Mark. It definitely has me thinking of the 1/350 version! I agree with the scratchbuilding bit.... it's very difficult sometimes to know when to stop! :-)

Looking good with some paint on, even if it's primer. It looks so sharp and detailed that I have difficulties picturing how small it actually is.

Me too, can we have some pics with scale references?

Dan

It is small but has been enjoyable and simple.

Next to the Airfix 1:72 Bulldog from the training types GB.

12859157664_3fce90a12b_b.jpg
IMG_3600 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
This is the USS Missouri in the same scale
12858744125_a132236403_b.jpg
IMG_3602 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
12859154764_25a2d9f36f_b.jpg
IMG_3599 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
I will admit I did get distracted painting one of my many zombies last night.
12858731555_557452639f_b.jpg
IMG_3593 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
12858800463_339342b6aa_b.jpg
IMG_3594 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
  • Like 2