1/72 Kaman K-MAX manned/unmanned helicopter

That is a very interesting build and actually settles a conundrum that i have had for over a year now. My Job takes me to Afghanistan and this is where i first saw this helicopter in action, it would appear over Camp Bastion at the same time of the day and the same time of the week with an under-slung load attached. It would hover for a while then move to the other side of the base ( flight line) then leave sometime later. I initially thought, by its looks, that it was of soviet design, but could never find any info on it. Until tonight!!

I have a couple of pictures of it "in action", ill try and put one on, its not very good though as it never approached over the top and always appeared at dusk.

Cheers

Nick [/url]">http://http://s1153.photobucket.com/user/nickflack/media/P1152760_zps17260553.jpg.html'>P1152760_zps17260553.jpg

• Like 1

You're a brave man - this looks like a tricky kit to do (I've been tempted, then saw sense in light of my total lack of resin experience!).

A really interesting subject too, btw - and thanks for the pics (and background), Widow 65.

• Like 2

Thanks for your comments mates :winkgrin:

this looks like a tricky kit to do (I've been tempted, then saw sense in light of my total lack of resin experience!).

This is a good kit to start in Resins, the parts really fit very well, all of them. You just need to take some caution sawing and filing so you wont cut more then you should.

The only part I found a bit difficult was trimming and aligning the front glass.

And I lost a lot of time and paciente in trying to make the blades rotate :banghead:

Edited by Vitor Sousa
  • Like 1

Wow, my kind of inprog build. Finished just like that!

Good work, you overcame all the problems and it looks excellent. Like the Lego brace as well, must nick that idea!

Al

• Like 1

I can only add that it is a very good build of an aircraft I didn't know had entered US military service. The first time I saw one was on a television programme about logging in the North West of America. It has an impressive capability and obviously the military thought so too. Well done!

• Like 1