Kinetic S-2 Tracker 1/48 question

ForestFan

Hi, I am thinking on starting one of these and just wonder if there opinions out there are aftermarket must haves and things to look out for? For instance is it worthwhile adding to the standard cockpit? Can much be seen once it is built up?

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers

FF

I will be starting one of these soon and although I plan to detail it to within an inch of it's life, I would do something with the cockpit as it is quite heavily glazed and if you want the weapons bay open, then something will need to be done with that as it is completely devoid of detail as you have probably noticed.

Martin

• Like 1

One useful addition involves a trip to any crafts shop, to buy (probably far more than you need) some flat silver sequin discs. You'll need one for the incredibly vacant searchlight on the starboard wing. The sequin will need to be 'dished' to a concave surface, and a central rod fabricated, but it should go a long way to creating an adequate searchlight mirror.

• Like 1

I've looked at and toyed with the idea of investing in this kit as I'm a real fan of the Tracker family but alas I don't think I'm going to indulge myself. So I'll follow your two builds with interest. I think a conversion to a Trader would be quite a good idea and sat next to a Greyhound they would make a handsome display.

Colin

One useful addition involves a trip to any crafts shop, to buy (probably far more than you need) some flat silver sequin discs. You'll need one for the incredibly vacant searchlight on the starboard wing. The sequin will need to be 'dished' to a concave surface, and a central rod fabricated, but it should go a long way to creating an adequate searchlight mirror.

Good point, I had forgotten that one.

Martin