Muscle car double build

HI everyone,

This was supposed to be a quick build that ended up taking over a year to complete. When it finally dawned on me that I have more stalled projects than completed models, I decided to set things straight and finish what I had started so I could roll these two beauties off the assembly line (read- cutting mat).

The kits are fantastic – full marks to Revell for fit, accuracy and mold quality. Both models go together without any craziness or drama. There is sufficient detail to allow for a reasonably good looking model without the use of PE or having to scratch-build your own parts. I chose the box-top schemes (Performance white with blue stripes for the Mustang and Rally Yellow with black stripes for the Camaro) because they are very attractive as they are – didn’t feel the need to go the custom route and modify the cars or go for outrageous paint schemes. Overall, I’m very pleased to have these two solid muscle cars sitting side by side on the shelf. The only thing that annoys me is the scale compared to the rest of my collection – why are American cars in 1/25 scale anyway, when most kits use 1/24 as the standard? Is it because the 50’s and 60’s American cars were much larger and model car manufacturers needed to somehow reduce the size?

Anyway, here are the pics!

12_zpsf253b9f5.jpg

10_zps0eff01c3.jpgIMG_2650_zps69d9757e.jpg

9_zpsa0d7e5d1.jpg

IMG_2630_zpsb6847596.jpg

7_zps0010902b.jpg

3_zps339987d2.jpg

4_zps3c994d93.jpg

2_zps9e8855d1.jpg

0_zpsc87067df.jpg

1_zps954b85e7.jpg

• Like 2

Wow what a stunning pair! The combination of really high quality build and great photography gives a magazine studio shoot feel-brilliant! Modern muscle cars are sooo cool, even better than the originals. My fav is the Mustang-the body shape is stunning the proportions of the front to the cabin give the impression of huge power-and in some cases that's backed up by real power too.

Mike