'40 Ford Coupe

marc

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I've last posted any builds. I've been quite busy with our clubs website and facebook page.

This was completed at the end of October, just in time for our November meeting where this build took a 1st in the monthly competition.

It started life as the Lindberg 3 in 1 police kit which I picked up cheap from a model shop in Kidderminster. The kit had so much flash and poor moulding it was always destined to become something a little more custom. I shaved the door handles, removed the body trims and filled the bumper holes. Wheels were from the parts box and the rear suspension and diff came from the revel mustang GT350. Paint was taken care of by Zero as usual, with their fine metallic base coat followed by candy purple. All topped of with the pre thinned clear coat. the interior has been flocked and I added a road map and bottle of cola

2013roundup030_zps5699d456.jpg

2013roundup029_zpscd5306fa.jpg

2013roundup028_zps129b5f4d.jpg

2013roundup026_zpsdfc7cdd5.jpg

As usual all C&C welcomed

• Like 3

Very nice-great idea to de-clutter-remove handles etc. Sort of gasser style going on there with highish front-typical of that style. I like the pinstriping on the trunk-is tha a decal or very careful painting?! Oh and lovely colour-great work!

Mike

Thanks everyone :) there is a bit of a gasser look in the photos I may make an alteration to the front suspension at some point. Mikey much as I'd love to say I was awesome with a pin striping brush, I'm not. It started as a white decal from one of the '32 sedan kits, when I cleared over it to seal it I went a little heavy and it started to turn purple.. I panicked at first but it dried to a cool ghost effect pin stripe.