JAS-39C Gripen, Kitty Hawk, Hungarian AF

Hi all,

here my latest model: Kitty Hawk`s JAS-39C Gripen in Hungarian Air Force markings. Used a CMK seat, Aires open nozzle, Decals by HAD, Master metal pitos and two etched sets by Eduard. Hope you like it!

gMEvyeLX22.jpg

87A35sOzzY.jpg

Bpp5i5QVjr.jpg

cl2EYNCZcz.jpg

TZJyNJArA3.jpg

5bVRKMvEqu.jpg

PpUYPvsLB1.jpg

UReVaNc9oQ.jpg

4ZLLkZttL5.jpg

SaX5ZZt1Zy.jpg

O9IWhpy6hY.jpg

AvxlOo6bmk.jpg

MrjwkCSXW7.jpg

wnzKwU7Owc.jpg

4xaqKPDmFn.jpg

• Like 11

very nice modeling!

did you have any issues with the kit?

looks marvelous! especially the weathering and the seat!

no critics intended, just one thing I think that looks a bit strange is the open Aires nozzle... too wide open? too long and skinny?

and I hope you don't mind me adding the following:

and I think you should ad a pair of Aim-9Ls on the wingtips! operational machines with live weapons would most likely be equipped with them! I recommend the Eduard brassin ones!

and but thats already very nit-picky: live Amraams have a visible, cone shaped live rocket motor in red/brown color at the end of the missile. only training missiles with blue bands have the blunt end

great build! :) :)

very nice modeling!

did you have any issues with the kit?

looks marvelous! especially the weathering and the seat!

no critics intended, just one thing I think that looks a bit strange is the open Aires nozzle... too wide open? too long and skinny?

and I hope you don't mind me adding the following:

and I think you should ad a pair of Aim-9Ls on the wingtips! operational machines with live weapons would most likely be equipped with them! I recommend the Eduard brassin ones!

and but thats already very nit-picky: live Amraams have a visible, cone shaped live rocket motor in red/brown color at the end of the missile. only training missiles with blue bands have the blunt end

great build! :) :)

Thanks exdarken,

you are right. For the AIM-120 I trusted the Kitty Hawk instruction.... I have the Eduard ones still in stock, maybe I will cahnge those.

forget to say, in my Gripen box I found a lot of parts for the Kitty Hawk Mirage F1 including weapons and fuel tanks. The centerline tank for my model is from the old Italeri Kit of the Gripen.

Nooooo!!! Another super build to aspire to. :yahoo:

I'm kind of glad I have very little space for the larger scales and have to go blind working in 1/72nd because with work this good out there I'd be forever crying into my tea with jealousy and frustration. :lol:

Thank you for sharing and some nice photos as well.

Very convincing build, minor missile quibbles aside. Those photos with the 'wet' hardstand almost had me fooled that I was looking at the 1:1 version.

Maybe, just maybe, the exhaust looks a bit black and shiny compared to full size pics. Perhaps polished up for this particular photo session? ;-)

Truly impressive modelling and photography.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Matthias,

Super finish.. And great photography.. ;)

I can't see how you could improve on that. Out of interest, how did you find the Kinetic kit? They seem to turn out very nicely but I've read a few negatives about the builds?

I'd like to know about the photo set up? Is it a printed backdrop? If so how and where from? And how have you done the base?

Guy