Dragon - 1/35 - Sd.Kfz.164 Nashorn

Hello,

I'll start my appearance on this forum with my most recent build. The most complicated build I've done so far.

It took me about 8 months to finish but that's due to moving house and then I didn't know where to start again:)

Anyways, It's done.

Had problems with painting as I wanted to do the hair laquer method for scratches and stuff. I was crying when after applying paint the next day, it was coming off and looked like a mess. Painted again and again. Finally I've managed to make it.

There was a problem with the so called "magic tracks" made by Dragon. They not workable at all. If you assemble them without glue it falls apart If you use some glue, it's too stiff. Had to build it in sections like tracks in 1/72 scale models.

aDSC_4195.jpg

aDSC_4197.jpg

aDSC_4198.jpg

aDSC_4199.jpg

aDSC_4200.jpg

aDSC_4201.jpg

aDSC_4202.jpg

aDSC_4203.jpg

aDSC_4205.jpg

I hope you like it:)

• Like 15

Looks very good to me. I love the colours.

Sorry you had trouble with the tracks. They drive me crazy too. It's one reason why I like the new Dragon DS 'rubber band' tracks!

And don't get too hung up on scratches. Often just a few very subtle fine brush strokes with dark grey or brown can look pretty good. Real vehicles, often fairly short-lived, tended to get dusty and mucky more than scratched and rusty.

Ian

very nice... i dont mind magic tracks, but yes no way they are workable and usually have 1 missing link (even though I form them on the wheels in-situ while they dry!)....

must say that looks a VERY nice build...

Cracking build and finish. Colour scheme is great and very well weathered - not over-done....I like it........a lot! Glad you stuck with it and I'm sure you're over the moon with the result.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old topic, but it's still a cracking build and a lovely save from a mini-disaster. Funnily enough I had what sounds like the exact same problem with my current Nashorn build.... hairspray lacquer played havoc with my varnishes, acrylics and enamels. In fact I had to strip the whole lot off and start again!

Great colour schemes and chipping.

Badder

• Like 1