New Photographic Setup

Just got hold of a new setup for taking photos of my models. Basically just a 90cm tent and three lights. I'm quite pleased with the results (see below), although I fear it is going to show up my shortcomings as a modeller :winkgrin: . I borrowed on of my son's xmas pressies for this:

12010847903_cc5ba4c69f_c.jpg
Daniel's Tractor by Caution Wake Turbulence, on Flickr

Thinking about getting one of those graduated backgrounds as they look quite neat!

Andrew

• Like 1

I too use a light tent. Great aren't they?

SD; light tents are available on ebay for as little as £8 (40cm cube) to much more.

I use an old flash with a 'slave' on the top, and flash on camera most of the time.

Any chance of a photo of the tent and lights? I need to get my act together with model photography and could do with some pointers

Thanks

SD

Hi SD,

this is the one I got:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Photography-Studio-Lighting-90cm-Light-Tent-Kit-Cube-Photo-Soft-Box-Tabletop-/151156557330?pt=UK_Photography_Lighting_Kits&hash=item2331a20612&nma=true&si=fnegJmqGjTPtqDfz%252FIsNNHzjLLw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

although there seems to be plenty of choice on eBay/Amazon etc. I chose 90cm because most of my models are on the larger size.

Cheers,

Andrew

SD:

If you can sort out lights yourself; [with digital any good lights are suitable].

this is similar to my smallest cube;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Backdrops-40-x-40cm-16-Photo-Studio-Shooting-Tent-Softbox-Cube-Box-UK-/141016893232?pt=UK_Light_Controls_Softboxes_Diffusers&hash=item20d5430730

It will do up to a modest size 1/48th aeroplane. [i've photo'd my 1/48 Stuka in it with no bother]