"Flying Bedstead" article in March 1975 Airfix Magazine

Space Ranger

I recently acquired the March 1975 issue of Airfix Magazine for the article on scratch-building a 1/72 Rolls-Royce Flying Bedstead. The article includes five illustrations, labelled Fig. 1 through Fig. 5, but mentions a "Fig. 6" which is apparently a drawing of the fuel tanks. However, there is no Fig. 6! Was Fig. 6 published in a subsequent issue of the magazine? If so, I would greatly appreciate a scan of same.

I would also appreciate any other available drawings of this contraption. I have the article for the October 2013 Scale Aviation Modelling International so don't need it.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry can't help with the drawing. Are you planning a scratch build? I seem to recall that there is some producer of 1:72 or 1:48 resin Nene engines out there that make a very good starting point...

Kirk

Planning a scratch build in 1/72. Aires Nene engines on their way to me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

HI

I started a project on this a while ago in 1/48 but was struggling for a good set of plans.

Ive got lots of photos of the one in the science museum so what do you need?

Colin

• 1 year later...

I recently acquired the March 1975 issue of Airfix Magazine for the article on scratch-building a 1/72 Rolls-Royce Flying Bedstead. The article includes five illustrations, labelled Fig. 1 through Fig. 5, but mentions a "Fig. 6" which is apparently a drawing of the fuel tanks. However, there is no Fig. 6! Was Fig. 6 published in a subsequent issue of the magazine? If so, I would greatly appreciate a scan of same.

I would also appreciate any other available drawings of this contraption. I have the article for the October 2013 Scale Aviation Modelling International so don't need it.

Thanks in advance.

You're right, there's no 'Fig 6'? Nothing in the April issue apart from some interesting canberra conversions??

. . . Kes (proud owner of a copy of every Airfix magazine from issue No.1 to issue 12 in 198? something??)

I seem to remember a 72nd Scale Flying Bedstead was going to be produced by "ARDVAARK" back in 2005 or thereabouts.I believe they were or still are in Yorkshire,but have not heard about them for ages.I bought a Rolls Nene Engine kit at the same time,as I was considering scratch building one then!??I had forgotten about it since,but would still buy a kit,should anyone produce it!??I actually came across the Nene still unopened a few weeks ago!.Whether I still proceed,is another matter?

I would be glad to find out if such a project was on the go anywhere??