Trolley Accumulators

Ossington 2

Oops! I've lost some text. My scanner/printer/botophucket combo annoyingly re-sizes things. If you print the plan to 166mm between the arrows, it should be to scale. To confirm it, max width is 46mm and total length 79mm. Any problems I suggest using Hyperscales Scalecalc gizmo.

Plan via the excellent PSL Hurricane book (a must for all large scale Hurricanes) and pics from Newark Air Museum.

We used the Trolley Acc (how we called it) for VC10 post major Air test see outs. I Never saw it for any other flights. I never did find out why that was.

We used to have one at Cambridge until a few years ago,I hadn't seen it about recently but it my still be in use in one of the light aircraft hangers.got made redundant at Christmas so can't go searching for it now :-(.

We had one donated to us way back in my RAN historic flight days as somebody thought it would be jolly useful for starting the Tracker on flyaways to airshows. So we manhandled the great heavy flipping lump into the back of the C-47 dragged it off to Orange airshow, manhandled the great heavy flipping lump out of the aircraft and gave praise to the almighty as it magnificently did not start the Tracker nor even so much as illuminate a single wee light bulb.

Whatever was wrong with it must have been terminal (pun intended) as last I saw it it had become a museum display.