1/72 pilots

Jockster

Good evening gents, I am looking for a supplier of pilot figures for some 1/72 italeri kits.

Harriers, Flankers, Spits, Rafale and so on. Seated in cockpit.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? As they will be for 'in flight' models, not much will be seen so high detail/accuracy is not an issue.

Ta muchly, Jockster.

For Spits and such Revell do a set of 1/72 RAF pilots and a set of 1/72 Luftwaffe pilots and ground crew. They are very well detailed and multi part. Some say these are derived from Prieser sets.

I think you'll need to do a general 'wanted' cry out for jet pilots though. I have seen 1/72 ones, in resin but they are expensive and sold singly or in pairs, dedicated to a particular aeroplane.

[i may have some spare jet jockeys about the place, somewhere]

• Like 1

Revell issued a new set of modern pilots a year ago which includes loads (>10) of seated pilots. I highly recommend this set. The plastic is hard and can be glued with regular plastic glue (It's not the horrendous soft plastic they used to use for their figures range).

I did a review here.

Arnaud

• Like 1

Looking through my spares boxes, I've got a total of four 1/72 seated jet pilots - three Matchbox and an Airfix. If they're any use to you, drop me a PM with your address and I'll stick them in an envelope for you.

Hope they help,

Dean

• Like 1

PM sent Dean,

Thanks for all your replies gents, I will be looking at all your suggestions too as I tend to have my aircraft 'in flight'!

What a great place Britmodeller is!

Jocko.

Looking through my spares boxes, I've got a total of four 1/72 seated jet pilots - three Matchbox and an Airfix. If they're any use to you, drop me a PM with your address and I'll stick them in an envelope for you.

Hope they help,

Dean

PM me too, I'll sort out a few for you.

PS; If you're doing any early MiG 15s, the pilots wore WW2 style kit, ie leather flying helmets.

• Like 1

Hi Deanflyer and Black Knight, hopefully both of you have received a PM each, if not, my apologies, I'm on some wickedly strong pain pills and my head has been a little fuzzy lately, a good excuse for all my ramblings on Britmodeller lately.

Thanks for the help. If I haven't sent you a message, bear with me while the fog clears.

I could be sending messages to anyone, everyone and no-one! Maybe!

Time for a little nap I think!

Alex, thank you very kindly for your offer, but I think Deanflyer and Black Knight will be sending me more than enough and if I take any more it would be pure greed on my part and deny someone else the same generosity.

It is extremely comforting to know you guys are prepared to send me your pilots especially when I was just expecting a few leads for suppliers.

It just cements the community feeling of this site and our hobby. Please be assured, all of you, that I will be one of the first to do likewise if I have something someone else needs!

Again, many thanks.

Jock.

Please be assured, all of you, that I will be one of the first to do likewise if I have something someone else needs!

Thats all I ask.

Just as others have given to me, I give to others.

• Like 1

What can I say other than a huge thank you, not only to those who came up with suggestions of where to buy pilots, which was all I was hoping for, but even bigger thanks to both DEANFLYER and BLACK KNIGHT who, between them, have crewed all my empty seats with a few left over. An extremely kind act in which both of these gentlemen refused payment for the little people sitting on my work bench.

Additionally, a big thank you also to ALEX GORDON who also offered me some pilots, my refusal to accept was purely down to lack of greed on my part but your generous offer is truly appreciated.

This just goes to prove what a good community exists on Britmodeller and since my first day, I have not looked back! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: