I notice that the Skyline 737s are listed as Future Releases on Hannants - with airline decals this time. Any idea on timescales?

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?adv=1&product_category_id=103&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=8206&product_type_id=all_aircraft_kits&code=&scale_id=957&keyword_search=&setPerPage=100&sort=0&search_direction=asc&save_search_name=&save_search=

Also, is the A300 the Airfix tooling?

Thanks,

Andrew

• Like 1

At long last, the 737s are back again, it's such a great and accurate kit !

Regarding the A300, I'm dead certain it's a reissue of the very nice Airfix kit, happy to see it now includes a decal sheet, which wasn't the case on the 1st Daco Skyline boxing.

Thank you Dany for reissuing these kits, I hope they sell like hot cakes :goodjob:

Regards, Steven

I may be wrong but did they not do a A300-600 in Skybird colours once upon a time?

I got a quick look at one of those kits once and it was the Airfix A300.

Dave

Yes Danny did do a Skybird kit, which is supposed to be a -600, but he fudged it and put in an Airfix A300B4

To do a proper -600 you need the Braz fuselage conversion, or cut and combine the rear end of a Revell A310, and the front of the Airfix A300B4

Can't really understand why Revell didn't take the Beluga kit and put a -600 fuselage and new tailplanes, from memory that's all it needs

Edited by Graeme H

Or you can do this :winkgrin: :

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234927667-an-airbus-widebody-jigsaw-puzzle/

I will finish it - it sits on the shelf daring me to sort out the flipping seam aft of the nose gear, the one aft of the wing, the upper joint... well you get the drift. :lol:

I even have another Beluga to do a second one someday. :wacko:

It'd be great if Revell did a -600 fuselage and tail planes for the Beluga, after all they were a major workhorse for Lufthansa until a few years ago. If they can tool up different parts for the A330/A340 and 747-8F/747-8i, surely an A300-600 would be a logical addition without too much effort?

Great news on the Skyline 737s, I've got a -300 and -400 but would like a few more (and some -500s) to cover the various BMA & bmiBaby liveries.

CITYbird guys, not SKYbird ... :-)

The A300 is indeed a production run that Airfix has done for me many years ago. It will come in a nice box, style Boeing kits, and will have markings for Garuda Indonesia and TNT (so now true B4's) and full A300 wing Coroguard decals.

The Boeing kits will come with Simpson decals (-300), Brussels Airlines (-400) and airBaltic (-500) + all three with the "general stenciling" markings as given with the first production.

The -500 boxes will contain one of two different airBaltic decal sheets, both with 2 different ballerinas (there were 4 ballerinas) + the todays green tail version (one with the white letters, the other one with black letters).

Latest target date of the container leaving will be April, so kits should be hitting the market in May...

Let's hope this run will sell faster than the original production run (which took 7 years to sell out).

Additional some new decals for these kits will become available too:

B737-300/-400 TNT

B737-300/-400/-500 Garuda Indonesia (including also recent paint scheme)

And most B737-400s of TNT are former Garuda Indonesia a/c, so you can build one and the same aircraft in service with both airliners :-)

Danny

Edited by daco
  • Like 4