Airfix 1/72 Sea Harrier FA2

Hi all,

First completion of the year for me and a welcome return to 1/72 scale with one of Airfix's lovely new Harrier tools. This is built OOB, with hindsight I probably shouldn't have put a wash through the panel lines as they are a bit heavy, but hey ho such is life!!

Next up will be the even newer GR1 & GR3 as i'm having a Harrier fest at the moment!

cheers

simon

SHAR1.jpg

SHAR2.jpg

SHAR3.jpg

SHAR4.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks again guys!!

Very nice Simon - good to see you are doing stuff in a sensible scale again! What's the story with the green drop tank?

Pat

Cheers Pat, yes flirting with both 1/48 & 1/72 at the moment, enjoying doing the little ones again!!

On the green drop tank, SAM publications Sea Harrier modellers datafile shows pics of SHAR2s with both dark grey & green tanks so I thought i'd add a bit of colour to break up the overall greyness!!

Cheers

Si

Simon you're too modest, cracking job mate, well done.

Cheers Pat

Cheers for the kind words again guys!

Thanks Pat - hope alls well with you mate!

Cheers

Si

Edited by SimonR

Cracking Simon. Always love the finish you get on your kits. Great airbrush skills. I'm completely conflicted on the whole panel lines and wash debate. One day I'm pro em, next day I'm anti em. Just now I'm on a case by case basis. And i think your's are just fine. :)

Cracking Simon. Always love the finish you get on your kits. Great airbrush skills. I'm completely conflicted on the whole panel lines and wash debate. One day I'm pro em, next day I'm anti em. Just now I'm on a case by case basis. And i think your's are just fine. :)

Thanks for the kind words Steve!!

On the panel lines, to be honest total accuracy is not one of my strongest points and for a SHAR I think these may be a bit overcooked, but the flip side of that is it does break up the grey which can get a bit boring. Looking forward to doing the new GR1 & GR3 as the engraved detail on these looks superb!

Cheers

Si

PS: I love your builds full stop!!