1/72 - Lockheed-Martin F-35A/B & C Lightning II by Kitty Hawk - release in 2017?

Homebee

KittyHawk is to release in 2014 its first three 1/72nd aircraft kits. The subject will be the Lockheed-Martin F-35A/B & C Lightning II - ref. KH16101, KH16102 & KH16103.

Source: http://s406.photobucket.com/user/KAGNEW-71-73/library?view=recent#/user/KAGNEW-71-73/library/?view=recent&page=1&_suid=1389484782947017453412055238093

The 1/72nd Lightning II kits released or on approach...

- F-35A : Italeri, Academy, Hasegawa, KittyHawk

- F-35B : Fujimi, KittyHawk

- F-35C : Orange Hobby, KittyHawk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KH16101 - LM F-35B Lightning II - Marine Corps short-take off and vertical-landing (STOVL)

A_zps3bb3f627.jpg

KH16102 - LM F-35A Lightning II - conventional take off and landing (CTOL)

B_zps4606b9dc.jpg

KH16103 - LM F-35C Lightning II - Navy Version carrier-based CATOBAR (CV)

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Don't think it will happen.

Yeap they aren't exactly rushing with these and appear more interested in their larger scale subjects, guess we'll have to wait for a mainstream producer to release a new accurate F-35B or C, but that will be 2016 at best now or possibly even later when the Aircraft is finally in service. I doubt Airfix will touch it till 617 sqdn is operating from RAF Marham and they may even await on 809 sqdn forming to give them their prime decal choices.

Hmmm...

I'd still make a bet on Hasegawa pumping out the F-35B and F-35C before anyone else, they've setup their tooling to make it relatively quick and easy to do... The other companies so far haven't seemed to have taken such a modular approach.

On the other hand, the Cyber Hobby (Dragon?) releases look pretty good, apart from yet another F-16CJ Block 50!!! What the fascination with this particular 'Wild Weasel' is, is a mystery. An MLU, ADF or workhorse Block 30/32 would have been nice, endless colourful options too...

Rant over and padded cell door slammed shut. :frantic:

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

FWIW, I've built the Orange Hobby F-35C. It's a tricky build. The basic kit goes together OK, except that there is a mould line on the inside (yes, inside) of the canopy. Damned near impossible to get out. Lots of external stores. My only complaint was that the landing gear and weapons bay doors were a poor fit...if you wanted to build anything closed, it was a PITA.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...