1/48 - Hawker-Siddeley/BAe Hawk T.1A; Mk.67; Mk.100/102/127 by Hobby Boss - released - Mk.200/208/209 released

Homebee

On 31/10/2016 at 8:03 AM, Homebee said:

BAe Hawk Mk.200/208/209 - kit ref.81737 - is expected for late December 2016.

Source: http://www.hobbyboss.com/index.php?g=home&m=article&a=show&id=77&l=en

Box art by Kostas Kavvathias.

5816d9d3d03ec.jpg

V.P.

Thank you Homebee!!!! I  also have painted the red arrows and MK 127 Hawks box art!! I hope the kits to be good too!! Have a nice day!!! 

• 1 month later...
On 31 October 2016 at 11:30 AM, Mr B said:

Cool the single seater cometh.....

any ideas on marking options ?

rgds

It looks like it will have 3 options going on the other hawk kits. My guess would be along with the box art maybe the Matt black prototype and the McLaren scheme. Just a guess though. 

Excellent, at last. I'd like after market decals to do one of the prototypes though in the Matt black finish. 

1 hour ago, Mr B said:

It's has come....yes two boxes on order then....looks quite nice in the pics too

Where did you order yours from Mr B?

33 minutes ago, Skeg said:

Excellent, at last. I'd like after market decals to do one of the prototypes though in the Matt black finish. 

Where did you order yours from Mr B?

Most likely from my local hobby shop when the next hobbyboss shipment is due. In case if of any help to you, hobbyeasy  usually stocks hobbyboss kits fairly quickly.......hth

rgds

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got mine and I must say it's a pretty nice kit. From what I've read, the kit is a tad over scale.

The wingspan could probably be altered, but I can't think of how to make the fuselage more accurate.

Still, it's a pretty nice kit and I'll quite likely build it as it is.

By the way, the Malaysian markings are also a little inaccurate. I have it on good authority someone will be releasing decals for Malaysian Hawks in a few months.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/4/2017 at 1:04 PM, aidy said:

Got mine and I must say it's a pretty nice kit. From what I've read, the kit is a tad over scale.

The wingspan could probably be altered, but I can't think of how to make the fuselage more accurate.

Still, it's a pretty nice kit and I'll quite likely build it as it is.

By the way, the Malaysian markings are also a little inaccurate. I have it on good authority someone will be releasing decals for Malaysian Hawks in a few months.

How much is a tad overscale?

Noticable ? :(

14 hours ago, exdraken said:

How much is a tad overscale?

Noticable ? :(

In span and length, the HobbyBoss kit scales out to about 1/44 scale.

When placed beside an Airfix Hawk, it does look noticeably bigger. I'll post some pictures later.

6 minutes ago, aidy said:

In span and length, the HobbyBoss kit scales out to about 1/44 scale.

When placed beside an Airfix Hawk, it does look noticeably bigger. I'll post some pictures later.

Their Tunnan 1/50, their Hawk 1/44....

Scale models yes, but not to the scale they say :(

From what I gathered the Hawk 200's actual length is 37.4 ft,divide that by 4 and you will get 9.25 inches,which is pretty close to the scale.If it's 1/44,the length will be beyond 10 inches.Anyway,that doesn't mean the kit is  ok since the length of the span troubles me a lot.it should be 7.5 inches from one wing tip to the other but it's a lot bigger.Hopefully an experten on Hawk will clarify those figures.

Ok, I checked again and I admit I miscalculated. Sorry.

113.8 cm full size would scale down to 23.7 cm in 1/48. The kit is 24.6 cm (a full 0.9 cm longer) and would scale out at 1/46.