1/48 - Hawker-Siddeley/BAe Hawk T.1A; Mk.67; Mk.100/102/127 by Hobby Boss - released - Mk.200/208/209 released

Homebee

HobbyBoss is to release a 1/48th family of BAe Hawk.
- ref.81733 - BAe Hawk T.Mk.1A
- ref.81734 - BAe Hawk T.Mk.67
- ref.81735 - BAe Hawk T.Mk.100/102
- ref.81736 - BAe Hawk T.Mk.127
- ref.81737 - BAe Hawk Mk.200/208/209
- ref.81738 - BAe Hawk T.Mk.1/1A Red Arrows
Source: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2804569608

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

• 4 weeks later...

I might do a few RAuxAF single seater Hawk WIFF`s plus the 4 Sqn Hawk T.2 in special colours, so looking forward to these....any idea when they are due?

Cheers

Tony

I might do a few RAuxAF single seater Hawk WIFF`s plus the 4 Sqn Hawk T.2 in special colours, so looking forward to these....any idea when they are due?

Cheers

Tony

No.500 (County of Kent) Squadron CO's aircraft with a full colour tail fin as per the Meteor F.8 perhaps? :Tasty:

Oh dear. I might just have to get one now.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Curious to see the sprues of the T.1 box. The model shown above sure had the Mk.60 series wing, wonder if these will be retained in the T.1 or this will have the proper configuration. Have to say that I quite like the idea of having a Mk.60 wing available, I'm not sure any kit had this before and most export machines used this wing

Hmm. Does this now mean that the Airfix 48th Mk100 series is redundant let alone not in the catalogue? Also will it be better? If so, I will go for one so I can use my carefully hoarded Leading Edge decals to do an RCAF one to go with my 1/72nd model!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't worry about the number of fences and the outer pylons, these are all features of Mk.60 series aircrafts and it's actually the first time I see them in any kit. They can be easily removed for an RAF aircraft, adding them for a Mk.60 if not present is way more difficult

:frantic:

Don't panic. Count to ten. And breathe...

Now, the wing fences are incorrect for a T.1 but that can be easily rectified. Just leave them off if they are not moulded integrally or sand them off if they are. Job done.

The T.1 did not carry outer pylons in RAF service, though HSA/BAe fitted them to bailed back T.1s and used them in enough publicity shots bearing all manner of unlikely stores that you could be mistaken for thinking they did as a matter of course. Certainly Revell do, so that's not an uncommon error. So, don't fit them.

The fairings on the air intakes represent navigation lights that are fitted to later production Hawks. Again, not required for the T.1, but out come the sanding sticks and another matter easily resolved.

Yes, yes, I know, we shouldn't have to do all this etc, but it's not the end of the world and we're all grown up and can cope with it. It doesn't look too bad overall and, though I do not like to present opinions based on a solitary photograph, my only criticism at this stage may be that the wing tip forward edge should be a little more rounded. Until I have the plastic in my hands, however, I will withhold any further comment on it.

Edited by T7 Models
  • Like 5

Oh dear!! That looks all over the place!! The fences may be removeable, but those vortex generators look too be to far back...tricky to fix. The nose looks too fat and the leading edge of the fin's wrong...no MDC in the canopy! It looks like a toy!!! I'll stick with the Italeri kit thanks!!!!

Edited by Bill Clark
  • Like 1

Err let me see now .....lots of Hawks all over the world ....those Red ones too ....so how do they come up with that :shrug:

Doesnt do HB any favours at all .....they need to be releasing stuff like their 262 kits ( cracking Gromit ! ) not re-enacting the HB Tornado disaster again.

And before anyone gets started ( please dont )..... Im not a HB basher.

Andy

• Like 1

Considering the late HB production, the balance is more in favour of disasters than success.

From what i can see here,for the time being, I think that the boxart only is showing us a Hawk ...

Madcop

• 1 month later...