1/48 - DH.103 Hornet F.1/.3 by Trumpeter - F.1 released - F.3 released

Homebee

John had test shots of it at Telford, and it looked very, very good. I think he said he needed to just sort out a few manufacturing glitches with the moulds, and it was pretty much ready, but he's on Holiday at the moment in NZ, so quite when it will officially come out, only he can say.

It will be worth the wait though.

Cheers

Jonners

Hi Jonners,

It was a shame we didn't meet up. I was exhibiting on the Stirling Project table, and also met John Adams for a chat too.

I took my recently modified Classic Airframes Sea Hornet NF21 to show John. The good news is that the modification parts he has made go a long way to adjusting the Trumpeter kit to make it more correct. The new nacelles, undercarriage legs and top decking around the cockpit look good. I think there is still some head scratching to do regarding the canopy though...

Hi Jonners,

It was a shame we didn't meet up. I was exhibiting on the Stirling Project table, and also met John Adams for a chat too.

I took my recently modified Classic Airframes Sea Hornet NF21 to show John. The good news is that the modification parts he has made go a long way to adjusting the Trumpeter kit to make it more correct. The new nacelles, undercarriage legs and top decking around the cockpit look good. I think there is still some head scratching to do regarding the canopy though...

Hi David - yes - thats a proper shame - I would have enjoyed meeting you - next year perhaps!!

John had a master for the canopy - so were the two of you still puzzling over it then?

Jonners